Cj-8 Hot Wheels and Matchbox

Boomer

Iron Bender
City
Snohomish
State
WA
Is the green Scrambler a WalMart exclusive? I saw somewhere that referred to it as such. Need to know where to start looking.

I went way overboard and had about a zillion of the other colors. So many that I didn’t know what to with all of them. Then I had the idea to start handing them out to kids during Christmas light parade that I drive my Scrambler in each year. Now I am needing to start thinking about restocking, lol.

revho

$9.00 vanilla malt
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
beaverdam
State
MI
Is the green Scrambler a WalMart exclusive? I saw somewhere that referred to it as such. Need to know where to start looking.

I went way overboard and had about a zillion of the other colors. So many that I didn’t know what to with all of them. Then I had the idea to start handing them out to kids during Christmas light parade that I drive my Scrambler in each year. Now I am needing to start thinking about restocking, lol.
The dark green with number 940 on the door and checkerboard sides was supposedly a Walmart exclusive that was supposedly released 5/19 for store display but I never saw any of the 5 vehicles from that series in either Walmart local to me...

Boomer

Iron Bender
City
Snohomish
State
WA
Have you been checking different WalMarts or did they just happen to come in stock at one you frequent? I have looked at WalMarts over a 250 mile span across Washington state and I can’t ever find any. I finally just gave up and bought some off eBay. But if they are still trickling through the distribution chain I will keep looking.

FINALLY!!! I’d found all of the others in this series so many times I was becoming near violent with rage when I kept coming up empty.

View attachment 79339

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Have you been checking different WalMarts or did they just happen to come in stock at one you frequent? I have looked at WalMarts over a 250 mile span across Washington state and I can’t ever find any. I finally just gave up and bought some off eBay. But if they are still trickling through the distribution chain I will keep looking.
:rotfl: I have been checking Walmarts all over the country. I travel for work and typically am done with meetings around lunch so I have all afternoon and evening to hunt as I travel to my next day’s location. I will hit 2-3 Walmart’s and as many targets as I can find on the way. Same with Hobby Lobby for the Greenlight stuff. (I do this versus going to sit at a restaurant where I’d eat too much or to a bar where I’d drink too much ;) )

So in general, I’d guess I’d been in 50-75 Walmarts and not seen any until these oitside of Dallas the day i posted. I had seen TONS of the rest of the series, so i was borderline irate by that point.

Boomer

Iron Bender
City
Snohomish
State
WA
I guess I will only check Walmart’s that I haven’t looked at already.

What is the Greenlight stuff at Hobby Lobby?

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Good luck. Google greenlight jeep if you’re not familiar with them. Quite the rabbit hole if you want to go there.
image.jpg

Boomer

Iron Bender
City
Snohomish
State
WA
Yeah, I probably won’t be going after those. Hot Wheels and Matchbox are enough for me.

Hopefully Hot Wheels releases another Scrambler this year.

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Yeah, I probably won’t be going after those. Hot Wheels and Matchbox are enough for me.

Hopefully Hot Wheels releases another Scrambler this year.

Boomer, don't give up. I look darn near every time at Walmart, with no luck.....until today. They cost over 25% more than "regular" Hot Wheels. Yeah, I bought all they had.
20200221_173849.jpg