Cj-8 Hot Wheels and Matchbox

City
Hammonton
State
NJ
I used a couple of Sharpies to add some color to one of mine. I made the wheels and headlights silver, and the tail lights are now red. I need a real fine point to blacken the gaps between the slats of the grille, and I may try to find the right color to do the top. The wheels didn't come out as well as I had hoped, but they still have a little punch now.
I also picked up two more for my kids, so they'll stay away from mine.

1BADCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Silver City
State
NM
I have 6 of the originals myself... I was told 6 is enough :(.

And 2 of the Franklin Mint Harley Davidson Wide Glides :smokin::cool:

sanderson9

Scrambler Virgin
City
Coral Gables
State
FL
Last weekend my wife and I had to shop at Target and Toy-R-Us, and I found a total of 3, all of which came home with me. I even bought an ice-cream truck for my daughter. Anyways, one of them has really poor paint, with several bare spots (cowl, hood), and torn up stickers. Shoudl I keep it in the box as a tribute to the old AMC days :D, or take it out and repaint it to match my actual-size toy?

Randyzzz

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Shoot. Been to 2 Wally Worlds, 2 Fred Meyers, Shopko, Target... no Scramblers. Found a cool matchbox Bronco, but NO SCRAMBLERS! EBay, here I come...

sanderson9

Scrambler Virgin
City
Coral Gables
State
FL
Shoot. Been to 2 Wally Worlds, 2 Fred Meyers, Shopko, Target... no Scramblers. Found a cool matchbox Bronco, but NO SCRAMBLERS! EBay, here I come...
Hold off from E-bay. I'll look again this weekend, and if I find any, I'll grab them. You can have them for the $1.00 cost plus the ride...

City
Hammonton
State
NJ
Hold off from E-bay. I'll look again this weekend, and if I find any, I'll grab them. You can have them for the $1.00 cost plus the ride...
Yeah, I wouldn't be bothering with ebay for these. They're just regular issue Hotwheels, so after the initial push, they'll be plentiful.

Joe West

Arizona Virtual Jeep Club
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Laurinburg
State
NC
I picked up seven (all they had) at WalMart today. If anyone still can't find any, respond to the thread below and I'll send out one each for no charge to the first four people who say they want one:

http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showthread.php?t=47085

You'll need to PM (on the virtualjeepclub forum) me the address you want them mailed to.

I don't check this forum too frequently due to the fact that the colors give me a headache :)

Joe

jak inc

I H8 SALT!
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Merton
State
WI
Jackpot!

My mom was at our cabin in northern WI this weekend. She found me two scrams in town at the local Wally World. Then my sister brings me two from Target today. It sures seems as though Hotwheels is now releasing more of these.

revho

$9.00 vanilla malt
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
beaverdam
State
MI
Found two buried back to back in one of the racks @ Meijers today. @ .99 cents each...one for the boy and one for me.

:D

donaghy

CJ-8.COM owner
SOA Member
City
Lexington
State
SC
CJ8 or CJ6 Matchbox

I stumbled across this past weekend when we were visiting my sister in Atlanta and had to share. For whatever reason, my sister had a bunch of my old hotwheels and matchboxes at her house. She had gotten a bunch of them out for Cooper while we were there. I had to do a double take on this and then a flood of memories came back to me.

I remember playing with this particular one when I was little. I remember having a fairly big collection of hot wheels and matchboxes and maybe my memory is selective but I think this was the only jeep in my personal kid stash of hotwheels and matchboxes. (watch for a different thread on this). Little did I know what it was or there there was an obvious error or misrepresentation on this matchbox.

But, take a look.

Its clearly a CJ6. Check out the curved door openings, the indentations in the side panels etc.

But if you flip it over the stamping on the underside says "CJ8 Jeep"

Anyone else have one of these?

sanderson9

Scrambler Virgin
City
Coral Gables
State
FL
Next three bidders - free scrambler hotwheels

I found three more Scrambler Hotwheels at Target this past weekend. If anyone hasn't found one yet, pm me or e-mail to sandersonlaw -at- yahoo -dot- com, include your address, and I'll send you one free of charge. :jeep:

Joe West

Arizona Virtual Jeep Club
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Laurinburg
State
NC
That "CJ-8" looks more like a CJ-6 to me... I'll bet they simply used the same casting for both.
Still... that is a VERY cool find!!!

Joe

City
Hammonton
State
NJ
I have a Hotwheels CJ-6, as well as the old Matchbox CJ-6, and they aren't even a little bit similar to the Hotwheels Scrambler.

Randyzzz

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
I ended up finally finding a couple at Wally World.... Maybe they are releasing more...