• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Coffee Walk Scrambler edition!!

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
I believe they turn inventory fast. I was there a year ago and they had 0 scramblers.

wjtstudios

1985 CJ 8
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rochester
State
Mi
He does have a bunch of 8s there. Glad to see he’s saving as many as he can.

Emile

City
Wilsonville
State
OR
I always get confused watching him. I have an 82 that has rocker moldings, clock/tach, AC, but no tilt or chrome bumper/grill (maybe removed). It's been painted so no idea on the stripes. Power steering, no power brakes. Any thoughts?

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Look at the interior code on the firewall tag. If it has the Italian purse seats = laredo. the renegade package is really hard to tell it it was original or added on.

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
I always get confused watching him. I have an 82 that has rocker moldings, clock/tach, AC, but no tilt or chrome bumper/grill (maybe removed). It's been painted so no idea on the stripes. Power steering, no power brakes. Any thoughts?

It is confusing. I just picked up a 85 base model CJ-7. Has tach, clock, cruise, 20 gallon tank, tinted hard top. Non tilt column. A strange combo for sure on a base model. No center console. Not even drilled for one. Oh and a locking glove box door. I would think it was ordered like this by a dealership or individual. No rocker moldings or power brakes.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Need to find the other thread on this and merge them.

Emile

City
Wilsonville
State
OR
Look at the interior code on the firewall tag. If it has the Italian purse seats = laredo. the renegade package is really hard to tell it it was original or added on.

Attachments

• 20200915_125201.jpg
    20200915_125201.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 17

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
I believe EJ is Laredo so EB May be renegade. Don’t have one in front of me to look at right now

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
EB is vinyl denim high back buckets. My 82 is 5EB. It was a base model with only a few options. The overlander is 3EB.

1 = Black
3 = Blue
5 = Nutmeg

I don’t think there is any Tag data to confirm a Renegade, only the xEJ for the Laredo.

jc_chandler

City
Denver
State
CO
Seems I also have an odd duck. Mine is an 82 with rocker mouldings, dash overlay, high back seats, roll bar mounted spare, and power steering, but a 4 cylinder and non-power brakes. What's also weird to me is the diffs are 3.54 open (code A). I would have expected 4.10 like he mentioned.

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Seems I also have an odd duck. Mine is an 82 with rocker mouldings, dash overlay, high back seats, roll bar mounted spare, and power steering, but a 4 cylinder and non-power brakes. What's also weird to me is the diffs are 3.54 open (code A). I would have expected 4.10 like he mentioned.
I think all automatics got 4.10's with 3.54's standard for 4 cylinder.

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Gearing is odd, 4 cyl should have 4.10. My 82 that was a factory 4 cyl has 4.10 gears.