• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Colorado Bound Scrambler

Turzog

Scrambler Enthusiast
Lifetime Member
City
Rockville
State
Md
Time to make that a family Jeep? Rear seats? Good luck. Kids are all kinds of fun.

Cpittman428

Basic User
City
Fort Collins
State
CO
Closed on the house yesterday and moved in with my folks for a short bit... We're Colorado bound on the 18th!!!
:headbang::bacon::headbang::bacon:

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
Congrats, but there go's the jeep money. BTW I'm right in the middle of my LS1 5.3/4L60E swap thats going to be great but as another poster pointed out , it's not exactly cheap. You wouldn't need the CJ harness. This build was inspired by a build I followed by Randyzzz. So it's all his fault.
So far parts alone:
Salvaged Vortec 5.3/4L60E and acc's..................1500.00
Advanced Adapters Swap "Package"....................2200.00
Painless complete CJ wire harness........................783.00
Painless EFI wire harness.................................... 899.00
......................................................total--------5382.00

I still need a fuel delivery system, transmission lines, drive shafts and other odds and ins to complete this. I'm also doing a frame off total restoration with some modification with the Scrambler at this time. My engine is also a E85 flex fuel engine but Louisiana emission laws are not as rough as some other states.

Attachments

• 00129.jpg
    00129.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 165
  • 00130.jpg
    00130.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Wow! Been away for a while and look what I miss. Congratulations!!!

Cpittman428

Basic User
City
Fort Collins
State
CO
Congrats, but there go's the jeep money. BTW I'm right in the middle of my LS1 5.3/4L60E swap thats going to be great but as another poster pointed out , it's not exactly cheap. You wouldn't need the CJ harness. This build was inspired by a build I followed by Randyzzz. So it's all his fault.
So far parts alone:
Salvaged Vortec 5.3/4L60E and acc's..................1500.00
Advanced Adapters Swap "Package"....................2200.00
Painless complete CJ wire harness........................783.00
Painless EFI wire harness.................................... 899.00
......................................................total--------5382.00

I still need a fuel delivery system, transmission lines, drive shafts and other odds and ins to complete this. I'm also doing a frame off total restoration with some modification with the Scrambler at this time. My engine is also a E85 flex fuel engine but Louisiana emission laws are not as rough as some other states.

I spent a lot of time studying Randy's threads and posts and many messages were exchanged! Since I'm not capable of doing the swap on my own I was even planning on shipping my Scrambler to Oregon from IL to have the work done before the move... He is a wise man when it comes to both Jeeps and life in general...

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Good luck!

I'd offer you a place to stay on your way out, but at the moment we're at the boxes in the garage stage O_O

Cpittman428

Basic User
City
Fort Collins
State
CO
Took step one towards the pain of passing emissions today and got a pair of catalytic converters installed... Went ahead and got new flowmasters put on too just because! Much richer sound than the weak flatulence of whatever model of cherry bomb brand mufflers were installed by the previous owner.

CHIEFWAHO

SOA VP
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
SOA Board Member
City
Thayer
State
KS
Good luck! Maybe we will see you on the trails out there someday.

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Good luck and drive safe!

My other half left for PHX yesterday morning, while I'm stuck here for another two weeks :/ Our house is under contract now, so we have that going for us!