• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Craigslist and Estate Sale finds!

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
nice…and i guess the guy lost the oem jack…noticed the sticker and said some 70s car musta donated that thing!

Chamba

Not obsessed: focused.
City
Vero Beach
State
FL
I like the alarm. "STAND BACK. PROTECTED BY VIPER!"

Bit envious of this score!

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
Nice! That one looks extremely good and not all warped…the lid is sitting real nice. Major score!
Best thing to use to clean this thing up? I don't want it to become a dust magnet. Maybe 303?

Hinge has a bend in the middle, and I'm guessing the holes covered up with tape are supposed to be there to bolt it in place?

Anyhow, it will work fine for my uses. Putting it in the back of my green CJ7 to keep my tow straps, jumper cables, etc. Last winter mice nested back there in all that stuff and made a huge mess.
753E8360-B3EE-4639-B780-C6D86D5DDD60.jpegD645D785-A6B8-4935-848A-28F795EDC05C.jpeg
DD0D7E59-3FC8-4404-9F33-F61A599575DC.jpeg

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
Best thing to use to clean this thing up? I don't want it to become a dust magnet. Maybe 303?

Hinge has a bend in the middle, and I'm guessing the holes covered up with tape are supposed to be there to bolt it in place?

Anyhow, it will work fine for my uses. Putting it in the back of my green CJ7 to keep my tow straps, jumper cables, etc. Last winter mice nested back there in all that stuff and made a huge mess.
View attachment 108002View attachment 108001
View attachment 108003

So I put this thing in the back of my green CJ7 yesterday. The fold and tumble seat didn't want to lock in place with the Jeep box back there. I finally climbed in the seat and forced it back until it locked.

Is this normal? I guess it's using up ALL the space back there, but I expected the seat to latch in place much easier than it did. Maybe I should loosen the seat bolts and see if it will scoot up any at all?

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
So I put this thing in the back of my green CJ7 yesterday. The fold and tumble seat didn't want to lock in place with the Jeep box back there. I finally climbed in the seat and forced it back until it locked.

Is this normal? I guess it's using up ALL the space back there, but I expected the seat to latch in place much easier than it did. Maybe I should loosen the seat bolts and see if it will scoot up any at all?
Just an observation and wanted to point out what might be obvious to some.
Did you put the box in the right orientation? Jeep letters towards the tailgate?

Pictures might help to see what is what.

cb

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
Just an observation and wanted to point out what might be obvious to some.
Did you put the box in the right orientation? Jeep letters towards the tailgate?

Pictures might help to see what is what.

cb
Yep! Don't think it would have fit at all the other way.

The Bestop Supertop rear window rail won't go all the way in place either, but that's an aftermarket top so wasn't surprised with that, and Jeep is rarely driven with the top up anyhow.

I'll get some pics after work.

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Picked up a set of 4 2 weeks ago. Worst one pictured. Probably gonna resell. Pretty sure they are 15x8. Didn't check for sure. Tires hold air but are shot.

Attachments

• 20230214_170517.jpg
    20230214_170517.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH

jammer1

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Maple Hts.
State
Oh

jammer1

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Maple Hts.
State
Oh
I'm not sure. Someone will have to school me on the differences.

Shows the hard door (rear surround of door is the solid piece with 3 snaps). Soft door version has a metal rod for the rear surround and the plastic pieces that mount to windshield frame (find on soft top full tops with soft doors). Hopefully this helps you find out what your have and if it's complete. Sorry for the dark text. It stayed that way when I copied and pasted the link. https://www.cj-8.com/threads/looking-for-scrambler-half-cab-soft-top-any-color-any-condition.52783/

TexasAg77

S.O.A. Charter Member
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Cleveland
State
TN

Attachments

• warn-.JPG