• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Current Scrambler pics

Chamba

Not obsessed: focused.
City
Vero Beach
State
FL
We're travelling up to Massachusetts for three weeks, sadly sans 8. Here's the closest I can get to a "current scrambler pic": but I'm proudly flying the flag.

Attachments

• 20210710_165419.jpg
    20210710_165419.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 20210710_164444.jpg
    20210710_164444.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 39

Chamba

City
Vero Beach
State
FL
Love the plate!!! I saw my first show in June '81 with my dad at Folsom stadium in Boulder. My dad was the photographer for CU so I got to go back stage and meet the boys (l was only 11, I thought they were his friends.... all I could think of when I met Jerry was 'he's missing a finger'). I went on to see them many, many times since.

I have had a steel your face on every one of my cars since my first car at 15.🤪

Attachments

• 20210711_081741.jpg
    20210711_081741.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Chamba

City
Vero Beach
State
FL
Looking back, it really makes sense that so many of us on here are Deadheads because we always saw many many Jeeps at Dead shows..... second only to VWs I'd bet.

A buddy of mine told me one time that the best way to get free work done on your car was to take your Volkswagen to a dead show and brake down. I told him I thought the same was true of Jeeps because there were always Deadheads willing to help and many were experts on either Volkswagens or Jeeps.

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Looking back, it really makes sense that so many of us on here are Deadheads because we always saw many many Jeeps at Dead shows..... second only to VWs I'd bet.
Jumped like a Willys in four wheel drive!

GO BUFFS!!!
We live in a divided household. Wife is a CU grad and I did my grad school at CSU.

One thing we can all agree on, UWyo blows!

Chamba

City
Vero Beach
State
FL
'93 for me for my Batchelor degree.

In Marshall, North Carolina. Spotted an old AMC dealler sign on Main Street. I wonder how many 8s were sold out of here.... or how many are still in the hills.

Attachments

• 20210711_181637.jpg
    20210711_181637.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 20210711_182315.jpg
    20210711_182315.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Chamba

City
Vero Beach
State
FL
It was a boom town in '70s with tobacco apparently. There's a large abandoned tobacco mill across the river from it. I spoke to a local lady at the little brewery who said she bought a Rambler there in the 70s.

Now it's a health food store.

CJ7Pilot

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Yuba City
State
CA
Man that's a bummer. You're not the first though, and you won't be the last....

Oakley

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Cumming
State
GA
Nope. That's gonna leave a mark; I'm sorry to see that. That happened to my uncle back in Santa Fe once too after checking the oil. Any damage to the roof?
Didn’t do any other damage just hood

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
I put a grill hood lock in soon after I brought mine home from the dealer. Mainly to keep parking lot drifters out that want to take a look under the hood without me being around. Once the hood is down it is locked. I believe it has saved me a couple times. Once you pound out the dents, to me it is to beautiful to toss, I would hang in my garage if I had the room.