• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Current Scrambler pics

joshvt

Scrambler Enthusiast
Lifetime Member
City
charlotte
State
nc
This was my first build. It was on You Boob being sold by Streetside Classics. Does anyone know of it current location? Thanks
Does that have a 383 stroker in it? I think I looked at it a few years back at streetside in concord, nc. Was too much for me.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Winter is coming…. Someday.

We were up at Sleeping bear over the weekend and the trees haven’t barely started to turn there.
We’re getting snow in the mountain tops tonight…been freezing in the mornings for a couple weeks now.

wjtstudios

1985 CJ 8
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rochester
State
Mi
We’re getting snow in the mountain tops tonight…been freezing in the mornings for a couple weeks now.
So far, it’s been a really warm fall here and the tree colors have just started to change a few weeks later than normal. It’ll be 80 again here today

wjtstudios

1985 CJ 8
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rochester
State
Mi
Trying to depress me? postal gets parked so it’s been through many winters topless
I need to get my butt in gear on mine, It has to move back from my garage to the shop and then back home before they start putting salt on the roads

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Lots of "clear - open floor space" in there CB! Great looking shop!
That is the whole push to get all the stuff from the old shop that I took down and moved into the new space and "on the floor" up on the walls before the snow flies.

cb

Chamba

Not obsessed: focused.
City
Vero Beach
State
FL
God I miss snow. I'm just debating whether it's finally cool enough to put the 1/2 doors on so it's not so cool for the kids in the mornings taking them to school.

Top? Don't have one any more; sold the full hard top before it even came to Florida, sold the soft top a year later. Full doors? Hanging on my wall since arriving in Florida.

Heck, I'm just looking forward to opening the windows in our house without the air con having to work overtime. I can't wait to turn the pool heater on!

Did I mention how much I miss winter? Florida has two seasons: summer and sauna. Summer lasts three months, sauna nine. The rust season, however, lasts 12 months.

I envy you guys driving around with the trees changing. Trees only change here when a developer cuts them all down to build houses.

Ron84cj

Engine nerd
Lifetime Member
City
West Bend
State
WI
God I miss snow. I'm just debating whether it's finally cool enough to put the 1/2 doors on so it's not so cool for the kids in the mornings taking them to school.

Top? Don't have one any more; sold the full hard top before it even came to Florida, sold the soft top a year later. Full doors? Hanging on my wall since arriving in Florida.

Heck, I'm just looking forward to opening the windows in our house without the air con having to work overtime. I can't wait to turn the pool heater on!

Did I mention how much I miss winter? Florida has two seasons: summer and sauna. Summer lasts three months, sauna nine. The rust season, however, lasts 12 months.

I envy you guys driving around with the trees changing. Trees only change here when a developer cuts them all down to build houses.
Finally! Someone else that actually enjoys the seasons including winter! I love it here in Wisconsin. None of the seasons are harsh. You may get a week or two of extreme heat or extreme cold but that's it. The only part I hate is that they salt the roads. Cars on average don't last much more than 15 years up here before they are very rotten.

Chamba

Not obsessed: focused.
City
Vero Beach
State
FL
Poor thing is abused.
I LOVE Jeeps like this. Adore them. When I was a kid, the mountains were full of them. They have so much personality and they carry their battle scars with great dignity.

Don't get me wrong; a restored Jeep is a beautiful thing too, but they do loose something of their past. This one tells the tales of it's efforts, unwillingness to die and devotion to service. It speaks of a rig which has been depended on for decades and patiently waits to be useful again.

Beautiful.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Making progress... the red body is off the lift and completed with what I needed from it, put it up on CL to sell it off... gonna finish taking apart the 79 CJ7 that I have had kicking around for the last few months and get those parts sold off and finally got the silver Scrambler project to have a new steering wheel/column in it so I can move it around and will put on the half hard top I got for it.

Finished all the hoods I have for now and also moved tools into place and cleaned up and threw out a lot of garbage.

All the plates are hung that I have/had removed from the other shop.

This has been quite the undertaking, but I am finally seeing some light at the end of the tunnel.

Next up is enclosed storage cabinets so I can get all the tools/supplies into a safe space and move the rest of those parts from the other shop.
Cabinets as well and the rest of the license plates...

cb

20211012_183253_resized.jpg

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
Making progress... the red body is off the lift and completed with what I needed from it, put it up on CL to sell it off... gonna finish taking apart the 79 CJ7 that I have had kicking around for the last few months and get those parts sold off and finally got the silver Scrambler project to have a new steering wheel/column in it so I can move it around and will put on the half hard top I got for it.

Finished all the hoods I have for now and also moved tools into place and cleaned up and threw out a lot of garbage.

All the plates are hung that I have/had removed from the other shop.

This has been quite the undertaking, but I am finally seeing some light at the end of the tunnel.

Next up is enclosed storage cabinets so I can get all the tools/supplies into a safe space and move the rest of those parts from the other shop.
Cabinets as well and the rest of the license plates...

cb

View attachment 97767
How big is your shop? It just looks huge! Fantastic hood collection.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
How big is your shop? It just looks huge! Fantastic hood collection.
40x40x15... I finally got it built/done over the last couple years and finally making progress to get it into shop form. I have been thinking/planing this for the last 10 years. I had to make a few adjustments and it is going to be cold this winter without sufficient heat, but this is what it is right now... it costs so much to build anything these days.

cb

masscj2a

Rebuilding America's Jeep
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
40x40x15... I finally got it built/done over the last couple years and finally making progress to get it into shop form. I have been thinking/planing this for the last 10 years. I had to make a few adjustments and it is going to be cold this winter without sufficient heat, but this is what it is right now... it costs so much to build anything these days.

cb
You have come a long ways.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Thank you sir... it has taken a ton of late nights and a lot of weekends, but slowly getting there.
I was putting together some storage shelves last night with doors on it to keep out the debris mostly from grinding... learned that lesson from the previous shop.

cb
I have a pretty sweet shop but your above comment pointed out it’s shortcoming. I think if I were to do it over, I would like 2 bays for a “clean room” and a third by for a “ dirty room”. Or possibly a removable partition.

My current shop space is 36W x 24D. But the building is 36x48, split down the middle with my son-in-law getting the other half. I’d love to have to whole thing- keep the division but put 2 roll up doors in the divider, so I could pull a project forward into either a “dirty room” or a “paint room”. Plus a 3rd bay for clean storage.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
I have a pretty sweet shop but your above comment pointed out it’s shortcoming. I think if I were to do it over, I would like 2 bays for a “clean room” and a third by for a “ dirty room”. Or possibly a removable partition.

My current shop space is 36W x 24D. But the building is 36x48, split down the middle with my son-in-law getting the other half. I’d love to have to whole thing- keep the division but put 2 roll up doors in the divider, so I could pull a project forward into either a “dirty room” or a “paint room”. Plus a 3rd bay for clean storage.
Agreed... watching a lot of "car shows" over the year really showcased how they have an area for "metal work" vs. "finish work"... let along painting/upholstery a.k.a. not dirty jobs. The problem is always money to do the job at the time... this shop ended up in a ridiculous amount of cost overruns as well as fighting weather and people to do the work. I am very happy with what I have and I planned it for a very long time, but in the end, there are always things you want (and wished) you could do over.

cb