• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

EBay eye poppers

Status
Not open for further replies.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
I think basically to get the proportions in whack, you need a set of Dana 60's under it, jack it up a foot or so, put high 40's or low 50's tires under it and get some sort of full coverage top on it and then you would have something that looked closer to being proportionally what he set out to do... IMO.

cb

don87401

Original Owner
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Farmington
State
NM
I would be an interesting tow rig though. Enough power, right gears, enough room for the family.

bobbysjeep

Legacy Registered User
City
Charlotte
State
NC
New record for OEM wheels. Makes me wish that I didn't already sell the sets that I had.

Screenshot 1.jpg

Screenshot 2.jpg

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
They did not sell at that price. I think seller was shooting for the moon and missed the moon.

bobbysjeep

Legacy Registered User
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Possibly, but according to eBay these sold with Buy it now of $1400. The sell never re-listed either.

Screenshot 3.jpg

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
For that kind of money, maybe I should clean up the set I have on a shelf.

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
Holy crap.. is it really worth using at that price or is it kinda of a investment now..

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
The tachs are worth way more IMHO because they deteriorate faster. Often times you can find a real nice used clock but with the tachs they seem to fade worse and primarily the black ring starts to fall off and then they really look like crap especially with the light on.

You know some of these folks that are doing an OEM restoration or when folks with deep pockets say only the best will do, and you got $30,000 or more in a jeep....here is something that you look at every time you sit in it ... and when you hold a NOS clock or tach in your hands it's really amazing to compare what they used to look like .... and what 99% of them don't look like now :)

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
... and when you hold a NOS clock or tach in your hands it's really amazing to compare what they used to look like .... and what 99% of them don't look like now :)

You're pretty good at typing with one hand there, Eric ;)

Pman

Busted Knuckles
Lifetime Member
City
Mount Pleasant
State
SC
You're pretty good at typing with one hand there, Eric ;)

Keep in mind, Walkerhound, that Eric was COMPARING two tachs, so I'm very concerned as to what he was typing with, but we'll keep this thread family oriented!

rustycrawler

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Reston
State
VA
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1981-CJ-8-Project-for-sale-/181687175050?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

ebay.JPG

Employment relocation forces sale of my 1981 CJ-8 restoration project.
This vehicle has resided in Tucson, AZ for the majority of it's life and has only minor rust is limited areas. Frame has been media blasted and powder coated, has no cracks, and is factory solid.
Here is what you get:
Late model (2004) Chevy V-6 engine w/40K original miles.
Re manufactured 4L60E transmission adapted (Novak) to rebuilt Dana 30 transfer case
Brand new wheels and tires (BFG 31x10.5)
Rebuilt AMC-20 w/Moser solid axles
New suspension w/2.5 inch lift
Re flashed and rewired PCM
New brakes
Aluminum radiator w/electric fan
20 gal plastic fuel tank
M.O.R.E or Novak engine mounts (take your pick)
Sanderson Al-ceramic coated headers
Twin Stick Txfer case shifters
Much, much more...
90% of what is needed to complete the project is here
I WILL NOT PART THIS OUT SO PLEASE DO NOT ASK!
Serious inquiries only, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.