• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Epic fails

OGRES

Ramblin' Wreck
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Suwanee
State
GA
I just can't help but think of Rube Goldberg for some reason.....

If you want to see Rube Goldberg type stuff, check out the car I helped build in college below. We had a homecoming parade every year where different student organizations built "contraptions" for the Ramblin Wreck Parade. The only stipulation is that you could NOT have a direct drivetrain.

This was the last one I built. It finally worked after fixing out some gremlins in it for two years. We won first place in the category even after shooting hot ATF fluid out the trans dipstick tube about 30' in the air.

cadillacwreck.jpg

It started out as a 1976 Cadillac with a 501 engine. We hung a 305 up in the air with a 2 speed Powerglide to run the first set of axles. The first set butted up to the second set (the ones in the foreground above the driver's seat). We had a rim and tire welded to the bottom of the second axle with a belt that went rear-ward to a third axle that also had a rim and tire welded to the diff. That third axle sat on the original axle of the Cadillac.

You can check out some other great wrecks through the years here -

timo439

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Portsmouth
State
NH
Is that covered by the Craftsman lifetime warranty?

GreatCJ8

Charter Member
Gold Member
City
Lynchburg
State
VA
I've bought this '83 Cherokee for the 401 and I'm finally getting around to pulling the engine so I can rebuild it and stick it in the postal. Someone used an adaptor plate and stuck a massive square bore Holley onto the spread bore intake. I've made gaskets before but I think a really nice touch was the gasket made out of a cereal box. The previous owner said it didn't run right. lol

Mikey likes it :ROFLMAO:

GreatCJ8

Charter Member
Gold Member
City
Lynchburg
State
VA
Here's an epic black ice fail for those who have never seen it. Probably around 1995ish. Insurance wanted to total it. I had to beg them not to. I listed mods, showed them production #s etc. They agreed not to. When I picked it up I totally forgot about the 500 deductible and couldn't afford it. The body shop forgot to put on/ order decals. We called it even. So that's why my 8 doesn't have the decals on to this day. I'm going to go back to the same decals next year in the next phase, when I add AC & full roll cage:blackice.jpgblackice2.jpg

Last edited: