• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Epic fails

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
Here's an epic black ice fail for those who have never seen it. Probably around 1995ish. Insurance wanted to total it. I had to beg them not to. I listed mods, showed them production #s etc. They agreed not to. When I picked it up I totally forgot about the 500 deductible and couldn't afford it. The body shop forgot to put on/ order decals. We called it even. So that's why my 8 doesn't have the decals on to this day. I'm going to go back to the same decals next year in the next phase, when I add AC & full roll cage:View attachment 94674View attachment 94675
That was some fancy dancing on ice!

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
Here's an epic black ice fail for those who have never seen it. Probably around 1995ish. Insurance wanted to total it. I had to beg them not to. I listed mods, showed them production #s etc. They agreed not to. When I picked it up I totally forgot about the 500 deductible and couldn't afford it. The body shop forgot to put on/ order decals. We called it even. So that's why my 8 doesn't have the decals on to this day. I'm going to go back to the same decals next year in the next phase, when I add AC & full roll cage:View attachment 94674View attachment 94675
So glad you convinced them to save it. And looking forward to see it back in it's fully glory. 👍

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
It seems if your vice grips are in the engine bay, they don't rust as quick...

View attachment 94713
These vice-grip pictures remind me of an incident many years ago when my wife had an "professional" wheel alignment done on her Honda Accord.
They tried to sell her a brake job too, I told her to hold off.
Later, while I was looking at the brake pads I noticed a pair of vice-grips still attached to the tie rod inches from the ground. :mad:

PetesCj-8

CJ-8 Member
City
slatington
State
pa
Still have the frame to be used as a Cj truck build sometime soon

Attachments

• IMG_20200126_033045955.jpg
    IMG_20200126_033045955.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 48