• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Found treasure - Trosley Scrambler art

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Cleaning up my office I found the original artwork we commissioned for our Sandblast event shirts/stickers a few years back. This is the original pen art and his watercolor from it.

He did an awesome job on this using just a written description of what we wanted and two Scrambler photos to use for the models (one built and one stock).

2CACE65F-327E-4946-8607-267C0CE5BE71.jpeg

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Wish we could make more shirts

I tried to set up the “genericized” version I had made from this on a digital print on demand site and got shut down for copyright violation.

The logistics of getting orders and printing stuff myself to mail out has just gotten old. :shrug:

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
I recall winning an original in a raffle that we did at the event to help cover costs..it’s a cherished part of my collection of artwork....or at least I thought it was an original ?????

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Oh yeah, this must be the color copy. Post a picture of that, as I recall you could see the paint marks pretty clearly. I think it’s the original black and white pen drawing and then he did the watercolor on a copy?

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Oh yeah, this must be the color copy. Post a picture of that, as I recall you could see the paint marks pretty clearly. I think it’s the original black and white pen drawing and then he did the watercolor on a copy?

I do remember it having some color bleeding through on the back...i will post some pics when I get with it this week (y)