gr8dain

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Well color me extremely surprised. After the considerable amount of effort FCA put forth to distance the Gladiator from the Scrambler, they dress up a slightly modified Gladiator as a "Scrambler." I'm looking forward to seeing the convoy of concepts roll into town in a few days. But just when I had convinced myself I wasn't going to wait for a late-availability color and would order as soon as the order banks open (if they ever do), they release the Wayout with what is apparently the late-availability Gator color. Dang...I love that color.
I like the Gator as well. I think that will be the choice. Or the bright blue. Or .....

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
IMO, as soon as you say full-size isn’t midsize to justify that it shouldn’t be the Gladiator you lose the ability to turn around and say a truck built on a Ram 1500 chassis (and with a divorced bed) should be a Scrambler.

Enjoying the discussion (and I still won’t drive the “Scrambler” 😉 )
Interesting.
Everything I have read states the frame is an entirely new design for weight savings and strength, and the rear suspension was "Ram inspired" for payload capacity and smooth ride.
Did you get this info from one of your contacts?

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
Interesting.
Everything I have read states the frame is an entirely new design for weight savings and strength, and the rear suspension was "Ram inspired" for payload capacity and smooth ride.
Hopefully they didn’t leave off some welds on the frame to save weight.

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Interesting.
Sorry, I shouldn’t have been that specific, my point was that the frame and suspension are not JL.

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Apparently EVO MFG got friendly with Jeep and they got access to a prerelease JT, as well as developing a lift kit for one of the concept rigs. The prerelease JT was a Sport model that they've installed a 6" lift, big axles, 40" tires, rack, tent, tire carrier, etc.
tapatalk_1555152266712.jpeg

SKT

Legacy Registered User
City
APO
State
AE
The Wayout concept Gladiator seems like a practical build for a lot of modern day Jeepers. Capable of DD duties, normal home related truck hauling duties, along with outdoor activities (camping, wheeling, overland wheeling, biking, etc.). For these reasons, I imagine a lot of the consumer builds will mirror this one, save for the RTT/rack for some.

0424076A-1CB8-4FDE-AAC9-7A7C5EBF2317.jpeg 1A7F2671-CE41-417F-9C1B-37EB7D6C1A54.jpeg

gr8dain

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
A local dealer had one arrive yesterday. It is a loaded Rubicon model. And the sticker is at $70, 775. Love the markup they added. So it is more than the Launch edition that had every possible thing plus badges. I hate dealers. They aren't going to be getting my money any time soon playing those games.

Last edited:

gr8dain

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
And here is what they show now
D864774E-2BEE-4725-A431-E8E8EE7B1E97.png

Yesterday they had a pic of a real one and not the stock photos. So maybe it sold and they have another one coming. I really hope no one bought it for their marked up price

Cmath

Scrambler Enthusiast
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Woodstock
State
Ga
No doubt! You can get a diesel 3500 decked out for that. This can't be correct if the fully loaded limited first run is 62k. If it is correct and that's what to expect from dealers I think they missed the mark. I'll pass.