Gladiator

Moabite

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Moab
State
UT
My order was delayed for more than a month because of the steel bumper shortage. There appears to have been a silver lining on that cloud. The recall is for Gladiators built through June 25. Mine was not built until July even though I ordered it in April (with the grease option).

ag4ever

Average Nut
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
G#& D@%%it FCA. Not much you guys can get right, is there.
I'd much rather this kind of recall over a faulty design anyday. This can be easily fixed. Worst case, replaced pillow block and drive shaft, this time with grease. Best case, hit it with a grease gun.

walkerhoundvm

Typical Know-it-all
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
I see very few Glads in my area, but on my vacation I saw dozens. This one in Jackson Hole.
The other day, I saw three within a quarter mile of each other - in Cave Creek AZ. Two were parked right next to each other at a diner, and I thought they were together, but nope, two separate parties. We're a pretty jeep loving community up here.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
This is a jeep loving community also, a ton of the maul crawlers, and quite a few of those raised with big tires. But huge area for pickups, the big 3 ones. I know there are CJs out there because I see them advertised, but not many on the road much :(

AdamH

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Mt Holly
State
NC
Have mine on a 2" lift and 37s at the moment. Tows great with the added brake controller. Mine is included in the recall.

I tow weekly for my shop however this was for my father-n-law. taking his '67 GTO to my engine guy. It runs and drives but needs a refresh after 52 years.

JT.jpg

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Wow, I really hate the height of that rack. Makes me wince. Guess it's intended to have a roof top tent and then it would match the hard top height better, but bare it just looks like a total mistake.

SEMA is going to be wall-to-wall Gladiators with bed racks, flatbeds, etc. I already made up a graphic to use for JPFreek for it.

The bed racks are coming.jpg

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
Bigger is better only to a certain point. The Scrambler was bigger and for many better. There comes a point when bigger is just bigger. Some people have a need for bigger. They were correct to not put the Scrambler name on a large crewcab pickup. These are vehicles in two different catagories. I wouldn't expect a Scrambler to pull a travel trailer as well as a Gladiator would, and I wouldn't expect the Gladiator to get to as many places off road as a Scrambler.