ag4ever

Average Nut
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
no first hand experience but just a note that the same outfitted JT but with manual trans is only rated at 4500 towing.
I was thinking of going JL, but towing is only 2,000 with manual, 3,500 with auto. So JT manual is more than JL auto. :shrug:

I've come to the realization that no matter what I get, it won't be a real work vehicle, just a toy with light work occasionally.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
I dont get the Idea of SKT posting the same vehicle at 8 different angles in his posts

you do understand that the NJ one is the same damn picture just at a 20 degree angle diffence right?! you are maddening!!!!

53D Scrambler

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Hampstead
State
NC
I actually like the retro decal packages for the new jeeps. They are too bland in stock décor for me, the retro decals add some character I think.

ag4ever

Average Nut
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
I like the decal packages, just not so much the name on them.

It does take the bland away.

Also, why is it so hard to find the retro rims used on these trucks. Looks to be made by Gear Alloy, but you can't find them on a quick search. Interesting that quadratec has release their own version that look :meh: Wonder what the white wheels will look like after 10,000 miles of brake dust.

Retro Rims

City
Allentown
State
Nj
I was reading in one of the magazines, maybe car n driver, that jeep and am general were teaming up to develop the gladiator as a military vehicle. I can see that happening. But as far as gladiators go, I’ve seen some around my way. Not many. Price tag is way above what I’d like to pay. I have my scrambler, that’s all the truck I need for what I do.

Attachments

7jeeps7kings

Legacy Registered User
City
right near the lake
State
OH
This was pre-Gladiator sales from early 2019 using a third party rendering. Not that it isn’t possible but I’ve never seen anything of the mentioned prototypes beyond the EJS concepts.
Yeah missed the date on the at: 01/08/19. sorry about that.

autoblog.com reported 9/20/19 (with others) a covered up jeep gladiator driving around. With possibly a different larger hood to accommodate a different motor but it was not confirmed. After seeing the electronic show pics in vegas they did show off a possible electric driven jeep wrangler?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.autoblog.com/amp/2019/09/20/jeep-gladiator-v8-spy-photos/

https://www.quadratec.com/c/blog/fca-displays-electric-jeep-wrangler-4xe-plug-hybrid-ces-2020

Ive been hitting the google machine since these came out hoping for a factory motor that is worth my while to buy or lease. 3.6L(n)(n) my opinion in the wrangler and the jeep gladiator. A basic motor that has a sporty feel and operation (gets out of its own way). No hellcat engine needed here for DD. hoping to drive one with the new diesel when the come out. Id prefer gas, i don't drive long distances, and typical run time isn't enough to warm the diesel engine. I currently DD a 07 LBZ duramax. I plug in and warm up a head of time for longevity reasons. So a simple gas v8 would be nice. nothing crazy.