• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Gladiator

AdamH

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Mt Holly
State
NC
How did it do towing the Scrambler, understanding that the CJ is not at full weight? Would you use it to transport long distance to events or do you think just around town?

I've towed fully dressed Scramblers and classic cars (just over 6k lbs) for over 4 hours on the interstate with my Gladiator. While it isn't the full size Ram I sold when I bought the Jeep it does the job. I have no complaints.

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
It looks like there are some deals on Glads right now (depending on location). Jalopnik reporting 8-12k off MSRP in certain regions... A sport at 29K starts looking pretty attractive (if it really can be bought).

glad.JPG

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
I've towed fully dressed Scramblers and classic cars (just over 6k lbs) for over 4 hours on the interstate with my Gladiator. While it isn't the full size Ram I sold when I bought the Jeep it does the job. I have no complaints.

Does yours have the Max Tow pack?

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
There’s a couple within a days drive for $29.5. They are Sport S models with a MSRP of $41k. Sooooo tempting.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Wondering why they are giving them away now compared to the prices we were hearing about last year. Wondering if the bloom is off the rose now so to speak.

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Just like the wrangler, you can get deals on the sport, sport s, and Sahara, but the rubicon is still $$$.

Most of the super discounted ones are sport and sport s models.

Moabite

CJ-8 Member
City
Moab
State
UT
by default the Rubicon has max tow. However due to added weight over a Sport S with max tow the Rubicon is listed as 7k.

That's not entirely true. Unless you add the tow package to the Rubicon, it comes with a Class II rather than IV receiver hitch, standard duty vs heavy-duty engine cooling, 220-Amp vs 240-amp alternator and no trailer hitch zoom on the camera. Standard items on the Rubicon that would come with Max Tow include 4:10 axle ratio, wider Dana 44s, larger tires, and daytime running lamps.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
So, the guy who bought my J-20 came over to grab a few parts yesterday. In his day-old Gladiator Rubicon. Drool-fest. I told my wife that someday I would have one. Her reply?

“I always liked your Jeepster best. Why don’t you get one of those instead?”

Hmm... a Scrambler and a Jeepster parked
In the driveway would be cool...

CJ7Pilot

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Yuba City
State
CA
Wow a straight up suggestion is way better than permission... you'd better start looking for that Jeepster! :thumbsup:

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Wow a straight up suggestion is way better than permission... you'd better start looking for that Jeepster! :thumbsup:

I better finish the Scrambler first. Then a Jeepster. Because permission once granted can never be rescinded, right? I thought she still wanted a FSJ, but she’s hinted at a Jeepster several times in the past.

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Jeepsters are cool, found a near original jeepster (not the jeepster commando) in central texas. Almost went to buy it, but decided against it due to storage and the number of projects I already have. They would make for a fun weekend cruiser.

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
There’s a couple within a days drive for $29.5. They are Sport S models with a MSRP of $41k. Sooooo tempting.

May 29.5k; figure 1k for 35s; 3500 for a new front axle.....1k for gears..... solid stripper truck for 35?

Bobs85Reny

Legacy Registered User
City
Wayne
State
NJ
Here in jersey there were no deals at all except a $2000 off MSRP. Gave up on buying one. I will wait a few years till they start coming in on lease returns and pick one up in the used market. I did score a great deal on a preowned 2015 jku Sahara. When this one gets paid off I will then look into the Gladiator.

AJ2393

Scrambled in the Head
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
North Dighton
State
MA
$39K for a stripped sport model is all I am seeing up here in my area of New England. If they were selling for $29K I'd probably look into trading my truck in. $39K isn't really a deal in my book.

When I asked to dealer to give more more money for my truck or reduce the price of the Gladiator, they told me to go private sale my truck and then come back and buy the Gladiator (Sport Model) at full price. Seems to be no budging on price up here.

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Base models at some of the dealerships here are $33K-37K, but most are closer to $40K. I see at least one a day so I think they're selling pretty well - passed one in my Scrambler last week and I could see the driver watching me pass with his mouth open.