• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Gladiator

GreatCJ8

Charter Member
Gold Member
City
Lynchburg
State
VA
At 1st I was all-in, then when I started seeing them, knowing the price tag..
Now I'm like.... they're nice but totally not for me unless I win the lottery that is ;)
Plus I think my 8 would disown me

Last edited:

Moabite

CJ-8 Member
City
Moab
State
UT
Every now and then in the good ol' days, I used the bed of the Scrambler as a mobile command post on SAR incidents. At night, we viewed maps with headlamps and a lantern suspended from the roll bar. I just made the Gladfiator more functional as a command post (and in camp) with additional rear lighting. The DV8 chase rack came with side-facing LED lights, and I added a Baja Designs "work/scene" light. The BD light projects about 40 feet and has an extremely smooth spread with no hotspots. The lights are wired to a single switch in the OEM Auxiliary Switch Panel. Now I just need someone to get lost so I can test the system out.

Scene Light.jpg

LetThereBe.jpg

timo439

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Portsmouth
State
NH
What do you do with a $78k truck? No way that’s a dump runner.

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
What do you do with a $78k truck? No way that’s a dump runner.
At the Pa Jeep show in 2019 there was a AEV Ram pickup for $110,00. Can't remember what kind but I believe it had a gas engine, maybe a powerwagon or a 1500.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Any guesses on what the 2021 Gladiator with the 6.4 hemi will price out at? That’s if they even offer it in the Gladiator. I wouldn’t be surprised if they held off until 2022.
I’ll bet it’s right up there with that AEV price...

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
I‘d pay $75k for a 6.4 Gladiator, no way I’d pay $75k for a parts bin bolt together V-6 Gladiator.

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
Any guesses on what the 2021 Gladiator with the 6.4 hemi will price out at? That’s if they even offer it in the Gladiator. I wouldn’t be surprised if they held off until 2022.
I’ll bet it’s right up there with that AEV price...
I had read the opinion is they won't offer it in the JT because it would take away from the JK sales.
My thought is they are two different animals.
Either way if someone wanted a pickup with a V8 wouldn't it be better to sell them a JT vs. a competitors truck.

I think they will offer it in the JT, possibly the Mojave since it has some upgrades that are common to the JKR 392, once they see the demand for the V8 option.

Jeeper_4_Life

Scrambler Rookie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Kingman
State
Ks
The V8 JL announcement had to be a bummer to the companies doing hemi conversions.
I have heard from someone who wants the V8 JL that the dealers are going to have a huge markup above MSRP (whatever that is going to be).

sdsupilot

CJ-8 Member
City
OKC
State
OK
I know that the new generation dana 44s are stronger than older ones... Still seems like hemi power, higher payloads and towing capabilities call for a dana 60. Especially considering that the first upgrade most make (besides an angry grill, high lift jack, light bars and home depot clothes line cable "branch deflectors...) are bigger tires.

Moabite

CJ-8 Member
City
Moab
State
UT
I have heard from someone who wants the V8 JL that the dealers are going to have a huge markup above MSRP (whatever that is going to be).

When the Gladiator first came out, many dealers were marking them up as much as $20K over MSRP. I ordered mine the day general ordering opened and almost every dealer I contacted would not even consider anything below MSRP. One dealer in Colorado said that all dealers in Colorado and Arizona had agreed to not sell below MSRP. I found one dealer in Colorado who apparently was not colluding with the rest and ordered my Gladiator for well under MSRP. I imagine the same might happen with the V8 JL. But there will be dealers who will deal and suckers who will pay MSRP or above.

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX

And it is stunts like this that will drive sales to alternative vehicles, causing the ”take” rate of the V8 to be lower than expected, and thus Fiat will consider it a failure and decide the V8 is not worth offering in the JL and thus will never offer it in the JT.

I hope dealers are not so short sighted, and after all the ”sucker” sales dry up, they will sell them at reasonable profits (read, under MSRP by a fair margin). I would like a V8 JT, but might get a JL if prices are not insane.