• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Gladiator

neilconnolly79

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
Mankato
State
MN
I think they look good with a "normal" cap. Took these on Desert Island last week on vacation. Look good with a boat on the cap also.
They don't look bad with the toppers, I just can't get on board due to the extra work to go topless, but thats cause mi e comes on and off a lot.

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
Looking at the seat mount, I don’t think there’s much lowering you can do due to how the floor is near the trans tunnel. Would have to be mostly the seat itself.
I agree with designerrob and BobWalton. I will try it but I am almost 6'6" and I would have been a potential buyer. Bummer. ☹️
Bringing this back up as someone listed this option for taller drivers.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Bringing this back up as someone listed this option for taller drivers.

Interesting but you can see what I was saying. These only drop the back of the seat, there’s no way to drop the front (and to get the full drop they offer you actually have to lift the front of the seat to clear.)

I’d be hard pressed to try these without sitting in one, dropping the rear only seems like you could end up with a really weird hip/back position and I know my wife would hate it, being a foot shorter and already jacking the JKU seat as high as it will go :shrug:

Chamba

Not obsessed: focused.
City
Vero Beach
State
FL
I'm 6'6" and I couldn't fit in the Glad. I was disappointed for sure but I'm not sure I'd be willing to start modifying things in a brand new $60,000 rig just to fit in it. My Silverado is very comfortable and I didn't have to change a thing.

neilconnolly79

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
Mankato
State
MN
Interesting but you can see what I was saying. These only drop the back of the seat, there’s no way to drop the front (and to get the full drop they offer you have to lift the front of the seat to clear.)

I’d be hard pressed to try these without sitting in one, dropping the rear only seems like you could end up with a really weird hip/back position and I know my wife would hate it, being a foot shorter and already jacking the JKU seat as high as it will go :shrug:
I'm 6'3" and just did the seat jackers. The factory position was just to flat. Raised the front enough to be comfortable and an extra half inch or so clearance on the sound bar.

Chamba

City
Vero Beach
State
FL
This is an EPIC $$$$-up by Jeep.
I agree. I actually went to the dealer when they got one with my son to order one. I had the order sheet ready: manual transmission, green, rubicon. I was ready. My plan was to order it that day. When my head smacked the roll bar I tried everything to fit but no joy.

The salesman came out to us and said "when i saw how tall you were and you got into the gladiator i knew you'd be disappointed."

I had to modify my 8 to fit in it, but I'm OK with that: I'm not modifying a brand new truck just to be able to drive it home.

Last edited:

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Company out of Florida. Available with the eco diesel, 500hp LS3, 707 hp hellcat engine.
Screenshot_20210926-093053_Chrome.jpg

Chamba

City
Vero Beach
State
FL
Jay Leno has one. He did a Garage episode on it. Funny.