Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
Tells us your experience. I’m still weighing the risk of finding a full set from have to go to multiple stores vs the reward of haveing a full set.

Scramblin Man

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Woodway
State
Tx
Hit 6 stores and found them for $30.00 at 3 of them. Was able to pull 2 sets over 220 mile trip. If the mfg date is 2017, they will be marked at $30.00. Thanks wm69.

ag4ever

Average Nut
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Hit 6 stores and found them for $30.00 at 3 of them. Was able to pull 2 sets over 220 mile trip. If the mfg date is 2017, they will be marked at $30.00. Thanks wm69.
I have a set of 6 being mounted today. They are date code 2018 from what I could tell. All 6 from the same store!

ag4ever

Average Nut
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Just picked up a set of 6. $286.34 out the door, mounted balanced, valve stem and tax. Mount balance and sten was 50% of the tire price.

20190413_163222.jpg

Scramblin Man

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Woodway
State
Tx
One auto department mgr told me they had to be over a year old to qualify for the clearance price.

Got 2 more sets today in 200 miles, Central Texas has been liberated !

ag4ever

Average Nut
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Looks like some of mine are 2018 and some 3317. I'll look closer tonight when I get home.

There was 5 at Giddings and 4 at Brenham this morning, not when I checked this afternoon.

Scramblin Man

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Woodway
State
Tx
Looks like some of mine are 2018 and some 3317. I'll look closer tonight when I get home.

There was 5 at Giddings and 4 at Brenham this morning, not when I checked this afternoon.

I liberated those in Giddings and Brenham today. Brenham had 2018 production.

You get the ones in Katy ?

ag4ever

Average Nut
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Yes.

I have not shopped at walmart since 2004. Now I remember why.

20190413_214229.jpg

20190413_214212.jpg

Scarred the back side of 3 rims. What really pisses me off is these are the original wagon wheels for the overlander! :cry:

Now I gotta figure out what to do. Complain and just get more pissed, live with it and let it eat at me, take the rims to a repair shop... not good any way you cut it. Should have just bought them and taken them to my local tire shop that does all my daily driver maintenance.

Scramblin Man

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Woodway
State
Tx
That stinks ! They must have really thrown them on the tire machine to do that.

Luckily I took all of mine as carry out. Will have my local professional tire shop do the mount/balance.

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
Yikes. That kinda offsets the cheap tires.

I mount my own tires now, using a Harbor Freight thing. Mounting has gotten pricey around here, and the guys doing it don't know what they're doing.