• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Goodyear 31x10.50x15's on closeout at Walmart

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
Tells us your experience. I’m still weighing the risk of finding a full set from have to go to multiple stores vs the reward of haveing a full set.

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
Remember if they only show 1 or 2 on hand that one might be a display.

Scramblin Man

Beyond help
Lifetime Member
City
Woodway
State
Tx
Hit 6 stores and found them for $30.00 at 3 of them. Was able to pull 2 sets over 220 mile trip. If the mfg date is 2017, they will be marked at $30.00. Thanks wm69.

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Hit 6 stores and found them for $30.00 at 3 of them. Was able to pull 2 sets over 220 mile trip. If the mfg date is 2017, they will be marked at $30.00. Thanks wm69.

I have a set of 6 being mounted today. They are date code 2018 from what I could tell. All 6 from the same store!

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Just picked up a set of 6. $286.34 out the door, mounted balanced, valve stem and tax. Mount balance and sten was 50% of the tire price.

20190413_163222.jpg

Scramblin Man

Beyond help
Lifetime Member
City
Woodway
State
Tx
One auto department mgr told me they had to be over a year old to qualify for the clearance price.

Got 2 more sets today in 200 miles, Central Texas has been liberated !

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Looks like some of mine are 2018 and some 3317. I'll look closer tonight when I get home.

There was 5 at Giddings and 4 at Brenham this morning, not when I checked this afternoon.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Decided to look in my area, several stores have them in stock at $30.

Scramblin Man

Beyond help
Lifetime Member
City
Woodway
State
Tx
Looks like some of mine are 2018 and some 3317. I'll look closer tonight when I get home.

There was 5 at Giddings and 4 at Brenham this morning, not when I checked this afternoon.

I liberated those in Giddings and Brenham today. Brenham had 2018 production.

You get the ones in Katy ?

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Yes.

I have not shopped at walmart since 2004. Now I remember why.

20190413_214229.jpg

20190413_214212.jpg

Scarred the back side of 3 rims. What really pisses me off is these are the original wagon wheels for the overlander! :cry:

Now I gotta figure out what to do. Complain and just get more pissed, live with it and let it eat at me, take the rims to a repair shop... not good any way you cut it. Should have just bought them and taken them to my local tire shop that does all my daily driver maintenance.

Scramblin Man

Beyond help
Lifetime Member
City
Woodway
State
Tx
That stinks ! They must have really thrown them on the tire machine to do that.

Luckily I took all of mine as carry out. Will have my local professional tire shop do the mount/balance.

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
Yikes. That kinda offsets the cheap tires.

I mount my own tires now, using a Harbor Freight thing. Mounting has gotten pricey around here, and the guys doing it don't know what they're doing.

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
So those that got these cheap, did you call and ask about inventory or go to the store and inquire. I may be gettting a CJ7 that will need tires and brickseeker shows some in the area(about 60 minutes away). Hate to call and have guy lie to me and buy them for themselves. Hate to drive 1 hour and not find any. Decisions decisions.....

kgt0001

Jeep Restorer
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
San Antonio
State
TX
I went to many many many Walmarts for these- I did better by showing up than calling. I actually offered to look through their tire room to find them- because if they dont see them in the two minute walk through they say they can't find them. The reality is- most all the stores had them, the Brickseek stock report was pretty accurate. The only time that was incorrect was when they only showed one in stock (limited stock)- then it was hit or miss.

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
So those that got these cheap, did you call and ask about inventory or go to the store and inquire. I may be gettting a CJ7 that will need tires and brickseeker shows some in the area(about 60 minutes away). Hate to call and have guy lie to me and buy them for themselves. Hate to drive 1 hour and not find any. Decisions decisions.....

Calling will usually result in the employee snagging it before you get there. #1 rule on walmart closeouts is NEVER CALL THE STORE.

I'd risk the drive. If they give you the "can't find it" crap, find a yellow vest, pull up the barcode on your phone and ask them to scan it with their little handheld scanner, which will verify the on-hand quantity (always matches brickseek) and sometimes will tell them where to look.

Sometimes you just have to be persistent.

Last week my local store had one of those 80's retro arcade games marked down (Asteroids) and a buddy of mine wanted it. Store showed 2 on hand. I went back to electronics and the surly woman there said "we ain't got those". I said "You're showing two on hand" and she replied with "count is wrong". I walked over to sporting goods (where I do most of my walmart business) and the girl there scanned the barcode, said "We show two of them and it says which bin they're in back there, let me look." Came out with one in about 3 minutes. The "ain't got one" girl just scowled at me. The other one disappeared from stock before the end of the day, so my guess is the employee was hoarding them for friends or family.

So if they can't/ won't find it, look for a dept manager or better yet a store manager.

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
$58 round here
Yeah my local store is at $58. One over in North Mississippi is at $20.

They'll drop again. Keep an eye on them.

The usual walmart price drop is 25, 50, then 75% off, give or take. The $58 is at 50% off, so they should drop again to around $25-30 if they don't sell in the next 2-3 weeks.

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
$116 here yet, so there's either still plenty of demand or they're not in a hurry to get rid of them. I take it these are being replaced by an updated version?

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
I have the rugged terrains on my 1500 silverado. Wet/snowy stopping sucks with them, for me anyway. The came on the truck, I will not buy them again for the truck.