ag4ever

Average Nut
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
I have a couple (well, maybe more than a couple) on engine stands. On the 4.0 I plan to put in a scrambler at some point, I left the engine mounts on the block and have a couple 2x4s running from the mount bolt to the center leg on the stand. Relieves a lot of the weight from those bolts. On a 258, I just have it hanging from the bolts at the rear. I probably should add some support to that one.

gr8dain

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Good thought. If I had a welder, I could do that. I will think of something. Thanks

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Yes with that I6 being so long that is a lot of weight hanging off those bolts. I was not so worried about the bolts, but more the block.

gr8dain

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
@bigwalton , I understand that there is one meteic bolt that I need to put in the side of my 4.0 block. Inlooked in your build thread but could not find it. Do you (or anyone else) know what metric bolt size I need?

gr8dain

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Well, I took the manual pedal box out and replaced it with the auto pedal box. It was a bear. But it only took 2.5 hours. I had to remove the brake booster from the firewall of course. But I was not planning to remove the fuse box and drop the steering wheel. But that was easier than removing the dash. And now I get to redo all of my hacked add on wiring I have done over the years. Which is a good thing. B4BBDD64-4BA2-491F-A75F-EBE845D22B34.jpeg 7DDD0EA6-E57F-46E0-BF36-7C03B8065296.jpeg 1963BC5E-D872-4603-898C-4E38345A2D5A.jpeg 0B94AD27-38B4-4D9C-8D9D-F0A44821B362.jpeg

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Yes I am/was.

And now I am hating myself as that PO. I will plan to utilize a power block with fuses once this is swapped.
My wiring is in pretty good shape, but while I have my engine, transmission and transfer case out I'm going to try to clean my wires up some also along with some other things I have decided to do since only the frame and axle and springs are there up front.

ag4ever

Average Nut
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
One of the POof my ‘83 used duct tape on all the engine harness multi taps. :banghead: :rolleyes:

But it was all hidden behind pretty convoluted tubing.