• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Happy Thanksgiving!

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I’m thankful for this place, all it’s taught me and all the great people I’ve met through it.

Our traditional bacon-wrapped turkey. Self-basting awesomeness as the bacon cooks perfectly as the bird cooks.
FCACE03C-B8D2-421E-985A-06509EB6E97D.jpeg

HighSierra CJ

Scrambler Enthusiast
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ducor
State
Ca
I’m thankful for this place, all it’s taught me and all the great people I’ve met through it.

Our traditional bacon-wrapped turkey. Self-basting awesomeness as the bacon cooks perfectly as the bird cooks.
View attachment 77649
Holy bacon madness! Wish I lived closer!!
Pure awesomeness
Happy Thanksgiving

HighSierra CJ

Scrambler Enthusiast
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ducor
State
Ca
Not the greatest picture, but our traditional brined and smoked. Can’t wait

Attachments

• A787DF44-C70E-4B24-ACE5-9E19AC3A5964.jpeg
    A787DF44-C70E-4B24-ACE5-9E19AC3A5964.jpeg
    188.4 KB · Views: 13

TexasAg77

S.O.A. Charter Member
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Cleveland
State
TN
A day late, but Happy Thanksgiving to the fans of the great 8. Spending some time at Myrtle Beach...

Attachments

• IMG_2627.JPG
    IMG_2627.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 8

CJeep

Scrambled
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Easton
State
CT
Hope it was good for everyone. So many threads end up about food. I love it.

So, I bake bread these days.

Attachments

• IMG_20191128_124458.jpg
    IMG_20191128_124458.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 9

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Looks like a bread my wife bakes a couple times a year. Pinza bread. A very dense kinda sweat Really good

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I made a thanksgiving hash, mashed potato patty and eggs over easy this morning that was simply spectacular.

I wanted to put the bacon weave from the turkey to use (cooking it on the turkey seems to kill a lot of the smoky bacon flavor) and this was the answer. Smashed stuffing, diced up bacon and turkey together with lots of extra pepper and pan fried that to start the plate, pattied up mashed potatoes and fried that on top, drizzled bbq sauce over that, fried over easy eggs on top of those and then reheated a bit of our green bean casserole and gravy to top it all off.

SO good!

Moabite

CJ-8 Member
City
Moab
State
UT
Photo of raw turkeys (and other neighbors) in the yard 10 days before Thanksgiving:

Buncha Neighbors 2.jpg

I've had 15 inches of snow since then so the herd of 17 wild turkeys has been hangin' in my trees crapping on the roof. They're pushing their luck...especially considering the time of year. But I ended up buying one of their recently-deceased relatives at City Market.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
You just need something like this. 13 pounds of teeth and gristle. He will run just about anything off except a wolf. This is him being humiliated after getting his fur trimmed. He's not really into a trim and wash. :) image.png