• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

How long have you owned your '8?

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Current 1 since August 2013. I have owned a CJ8 everyday since probably 1994?

CJeep

Scrambled
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Easton
State
CT
2005. My wife was pregnant with my oldest. Probably the only reason I can remember.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
First one was 2002. Current one April 8, 2014.

I remember looking at them at the dealership in 1985, but we were expecting our first so that was a no-go. ( Ended up buying a new S-10 Blazer that, contrary to many experiences, turned out to be a very good rig!)

Last edited:

xatu40

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
Port Orange
State
FL
Wanted one in 1982, folks talked me out of it and went with a 7. Started looking again in 95 and got it in 96. I was in New Mexico at the time, and if my memory is correct, there was a gentleman from TN that was buying them up as soon as they hit the classifieds. He beat me to 3 or 4 of them. There were also jeep tour rigs available, but a lot of them were wore out and broke.

TexasAg77

S.O.A. Charter Member
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Cleveland
State
TN
Wanted one in 1982, folks talked me out of it and went with a 7. Started looking again in 95 and got it in 96. I was in New Mexico at the time, and if my memory is correct, there was a gentleman from TN that was buying them up as soon as they hit the classifieds. He beat me to 3 or 4 of them. There were also jeep tour rigs available, but a lot of them were wore out and broke.
Saw bunches of the tour rigs when we would go to To-hell-u-ride and Ourey each summer in the mid to late 90's...