• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

How long have you owned your '8?

Current 1 since August 2013. I have owned a CJ8 everyday since probably 1994?
 
2005. My wife was pregnant with my oldest. Probably the only reason I can remember.
 
First one was 2002. Current one April 8, 2014.

I remember looking at them at the dealership in 1985, but we were expecting our first so that was a no-go. ( Ended up buying a new S-10 Blazer that, contrary to many experiences, turned out to be a very good rig!)
 
Last edited:
Wanted one in 1982, folks talked me out of it and went with a 7. Started looking again in 95 and got it in 96. I was in New Mexico at the time, and if my memory is correct, there was a gentleman from TN that was buying them up as soon as they hit the classifieds. He beat me to 3 or 4 of them. There were also jeep tour rigs available, but a lot of them were wore out and broke.
 
Wanted one in 1982, folks talked me out of it and went with a 7. Started looking again in 95 and got it in 96. I was in New Mexico at the time, and if my memory is correct, there was a gentleman from TN that was buying them up as soon as they hit the classifieds. He beat me to 3 or 4 of them. There were also jeep tour rigs available, but a lot of them were wore out and broke.
Saw bunches of the tour rigs when we would go to To-hell-u-ride and Ourey each summer in the mid to late 90's...
 
Back
Top