• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

How many states have you driven your -8 to/through?

don87401

Original Owner
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Farmington
State
NM
The Scrambler AZ, NM, UT, CO and TX
If I add the other Jeeps I have owned I can add Maine, Mass. OK, CA, NV, NY, MO, Ohio, and New Brunswick, Nova Scotia New Foundland, Prince Edward Island, Canada (eastern cost) and Mexico to the list. To get to the eastern side of Canada one was towed from NM to Maine.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Eventually you will need to fill in that big area between Michigan & Wisconsin. Either when it is iced over, or do they still have ferries that cross over ?

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Eventually you will need to fill in that big area between Michigan & Wisconsin. Either when it is iced over, or do they still have ferries that cross over ?

There are ferries, but I’ve completely driven around it, so it’s checked off in my book. I drove to the northernmost drivable point in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan on the way to the National in Moab, that’s plenty good enough for me.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
My brother & grandpa did it 50 years ago, just didn't know if that was a thing still with super hi-ways now and so many ferries gone now. Several ferries that crossed the Mississippi down here years ago are gone now. 2 brand new for just passengers still haven't gotten going after 2 years

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
My brother & grandpa did it 50 years ago, just didn't know if that was a thing still with super hi-ways now and so many ferries gone now. Several ferries that crossed the Mississippi down here years ago are gone now. 2 brand new for just passengers still haven't gotten going after 2 years

Definitely a thing because of the insane driving time around the lake either way, particularly with traffic in Chicago. One of the attendees of Sand Blast take me it over and back every year.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Winner! ?. That’s an impressive feat that I would bet a large sum will never be topped ?‍♂️?