How many states have you driven your -8 to/through?

City
White Rock
State
NM
Hmmm, Scrambler only 5 ( NM, CO, UT, AZ and NV), but my CJ5, that's a different kettle of fish! that would include the above plus 14 or 15 or more others. That's where I lost not only my hearing but my bladder capacity as well! Of course in the CJ 5 I probably should remove the several states my then pregnant wife threw up in as we were passing through (sorry all the midwestern sates!)

shouldn't those east coasts states have to double or triple up to count?

rizz05

Basic User
City
Sangerville
State
ME

Bought it in fl and drove to me. Alternator got squirrely, battery got gassy, eyes got watery. Loved every minute of it.

Bugman

The Rubicon, my backyard
City
Pollock Pines
State
CA
Let me see...I've driven to the desert, the ocean, the mountains, the farmlands, but not the rain forest. Darn! I haven't left the state yet!

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Bugman said:
Let me see...I've driven to the desert, the ocean, the mountains, the farmlands, but not the rain forest. Darn! I haven't left the state yet!
See, that's just cool. One thing I definitely give CA credit for, just about any kind of terrain available.

Just so we're clear, I don't equate hitting any number of states to anything great or wonderful. I think it's pretty cool that there are CJs that stayed so close to home all their lives. It's all about enjoying what you have however you want to do it.

bigwalton

Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
LOL, found this thread in a search for something else. Figured it was worth a bump. I need to find my map that I'm coloring in to keep track to update after the SEMA/west coast trip last fall but I'm down to the far southeast (GA, FL) and then the northeast (DE, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA, VT, NH, ME)

Guess that makes it 38 now, 11 to go! I turned 120k miles in mine last weekend on the way to the Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival. I got it with 55k and change.

Thinking about a northeast trip after the National next year in Rausch Creek to check all of those off :smokin:

walkerhoundvm

Typical Know-it-all
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
As far as I know only four for me, though it's never left these four states: CO, WY, KS, and AZ; although it was trailered from KS to AZ, it wasn't me driving :)

My dogs had all been to more states and even countries!

timo439

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Portsmouth
State
NH
LOL, found this thread in a search for something else. Figured it was worth a bump. I need to find my map that I'm coloring in to keep track to update after the SEMA/west coast trip last fall but I'm down to the far southeast (GA, FL) and then the northeast (DE, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA, VT, NH, ME)

Guess that makes it 38 now, 11 to go! I turned 120k miles in mine last weekend on the way to the Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival. I got it with 55k and change.

Thinking about a northeast trip after the National next year in Rausch Creek to check all of those off :smokin:
Don't risk the North East. It will rust away.

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL

Of course the beginning of your travels started in the state that is one of the most difficult for most to visit. :thumbsup:

HighSierra CJ

Scrambler Enthusiast
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Ducor
State
Ca
I’ve driven from California to Arizona and Nevada. So 3 for me. Trailered one from North east Wyoming through Utah, Nevada, Arizona, in to Ca. Much more fun to drive them, then trailer them.

Spieg

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Aurora
State
CO
17 states (in this country)
3 countries (not sure how many foreign states/territories)
CO
WY
KS
NM
NE
ND
SD
MT
ID
WA
AK
OR
CA
NV
AZ
TX
OK
USA, CANADA and MEXICO

bigwalton

Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
12 for me. OH, PA, NY, CT, MA, FL, GA, SC, NC, VA and a tiny bit of WV & MD
:thumbsup:

“Tiny bit” is fine by me. I simply require crossing the state line to count it. I wasn’t in North Dakota more than 10 minutes and most of that was for a photo. This whole thing is silly stupid IMO but it’s still fun and I started down the path so I have to follow through now :shrug::crazy:

walkerhoundvm

Typical Know-it-all
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
I wasn’t in North Dakota more than 10 minutes and most of that was for a photo.
Same for me and Wyoming. It would've only been ten minutes, but I had a fierce headwind and it took half an hour. If you know southeastern Wyoming you know exactly what I mean.

bigwalton

Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Same for me and Wyoming. It would've only been ten minutes, but I had a fierce headwind and it took half an hour. If you know southeastern Wyoming you know exactly what I mean.
I definitely know what you mean! I was getting that with snow when I was in Wyoming last fall after SEMA.