• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Introducing myself to this great site, and how it's like another (boat site) I am part of, etc....

MomoJeep

Basic User
Silver Member
City
Seattle
State
WA
Hi All,

I've been a "guest" member here for a long time. I slowly started building my frame-off Scrambler about 20 years ago. It took a long time, as I was busy with many other things in life, about 10 years (see, I am good at "long-term commitment" - haha). I've been driving it for the last 10 years, and now it has gone into "Phase II". I'm tkaing it to the next level of Resto-Mod. It will be even more awesomely capable and customized to the way I use it. So, my activity on this board has gone way up lately, and I'm really liking this Scrambler community we have here! Thank you all for participating.

This board reminds me of another one I am part of, the "C-brats". This is a board for an equally unique type of boat, the C-dory. The people who love these boats are just as "into it" as those of us who love our Scramblers. (Turns out a lot of them drive Jeeps). I tow my 1988 16' C-dory with my 1983 Scrambler, people often stop to look at one or the other, or both! I wasn't a big fan of "80's music", but it seems the vehicles and vessels from the 80's a my favorites...

Just a shout out to this board/community and how much I've been getting out of it lately!

Last edited:

MomoJeep

Basic User
Silver Member
City
Seattle
State
WA
My membership says I'll have a photo gallery.. But where is it?

MomoJeep

Basic User
Silver Member
City
Seattle
State
WA
Nice! Orange is such a great color on Jeeps.

the Cobalt Blue was my second choice. So I had them paint the roll bar that color. Clashes a little perhaps. But I kinda like it.. Noticing now that orange looks good with black and also chrome trim...

HighSierra CJ

Scrambler Enthusiast
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ducor
State
Ca
Do you ever hag out on the other side of the Sierras? Met a guy with a Scrambler in a gas station (Owens Valley area maybe) a few years ago...
I guess it could’ve been me. I make it over to that area Every once in a while. We do a lot of running around in the death Valley area. Between Laughlin and Panamint Valley. Once in a while I make it over to the Bishop area as well.

MomoJeep

Basic User
Silver Member
City
Seattle
State
WA
I think it was about 4 years ago. Do you remember my orange scrambler by chance? See pics in my recent "introducing myself" post..

HighSierra CJ

Scrambler Enthusiast
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ducor
State
Ca
I think it was about 4 years ago. Do you remember my orange scrambler by chance? See pics in my recent "introducing myself" post..
Must not of been me. I would’ve remembered another Scrambler.

By the way, love that orange color

jsteed

CJ-8 Member
City
Seattle
State
WA
I think I met you at a gas station near Lake Wenatchee a few years back. I had the crusty black scrambler. You had the hard top, we talked for a while, snapped a few pictures... was that you??

MomoJeep

Basic User
Silver Member
City
Seattle
State
WA
I think I met you at a gas station near Lake Wenatchee a few years back. I had the crusty black scrambler. You had the hard top, we talked for a while, snapped a few pictures... was that you??

Yes! I remember! Where are you in Seattle.... I'm not far from Northgate. How's your Scrambler doing?

MomoJeep

Basic User
Silver Member
City
Seattle
State
WA
First time I ever drove a Scrambler - rented this one in Moab. After this, had to have one. Wish I could go back and find this one. Circa 1999

Attachments

• Drivescrambler.jpg
    Drivescrambler.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 36