• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Introduction

Gnarkansas

City
Fayetteville
State
AR
Hi there folks,

Brand new here, and pretty new to the CJ-8 world as well. A few years ago, I inherited a 1982 CJ-8 that was my father's. I've always thought it was very cool, and it was one of my dad's ongoing projects all throughout my life. I was in school at the time it became mine, and have just recently moved somewhere where I have the space to store it and work on it. It's little beat up on the outside, but it will run(most of the time). This Jeep really means a lot to me, and I'm very excited to learn more about it. I've never been much of a mechanic, just enough to do regular maintenance on my own vehicles, so restoration work is a bit of a daunting task but I'm hoping I can lean on this community a bit for some help. Just wanted to say hi, and thanks for creating a place for people like me to come and learn. I look forward to getting to know you and your CJs.

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 51
  • Side.jpg
    Side.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 51

Scott_P

Legacy Registered User
Silver Member
City
Benzonia
State
MI
Nice Jeep! You have likely found the best forum on the net for anything Jeep. Members here are very knowledgeable and respectable. Good luck w/your project!

don87401

Original Owner
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Farmington
State
NM
Welcome, you can find tons of information on here. Folks are friendly and willing to help. But one thing about most on here they like lots of pictures, so let everyone see what you are up to as you move forward.

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
Hi there folks,

Brand new here, and pretty new to the CJ-8 world as well. A few years ago, I inherited a 1982 CJ-8 that was my father's. I've always thought it was very cool, and it was one of my dad's ongoing projects all throughout my life. I was in school at the time it became mine, and have just recently moved somewhere where I have the space to store it and work on it. It's little beat up on the outside, but it will run(most of the time). This Jeep really means a lot to me, and I'm very excited to learn more about it. I've never been much of a mechanic, just enough to do regular maintenance on my own vehicles, so restoration work is a bit of a daunting task but I'm hoping I can lean on this community a bit for some help. Just wanted to say hi, and thanks for creating a place for people like me to come and learn. I look forward to getting to know you and your CJs.
You sure have a great story there. Welcome to the forum.:cheers: I hope you can get your Jeep back in good order and enjoy doing it. This forum will be a great source of help. We have a lot of very knowledgeable people here.

Bugman

The Rubicon, my backyard
City
Pollock Pines
State
CA
You've tapped in to the best forum to help you with your Scrambler and all of the responses are spot on. The only thing I can add is that the respect of sentimental value for your CJ8/project will never be more than what you will find here. You'll find a great community here.