• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Jeep-In-A-Bottle

Scramblin_Jim

Legacy Registered User
City
Goodyear
State
AZ
After many hours of in the lab and thousands of dollars in R&D I finally came up with a solution of turning that unwanted car into a desirable vehicle . . .

Jeep-In-A-Bottle!

Just add one bottle to the tank of your unwanted car.

Wait 4 to 6 weeks and . . .

Well actually my wife hated to drive my 5-speed as she is so short and her knees just about touch the dash she felt if ever in an accident she would blow out her knees. I could never get her to go with me on our Jeep club outtings (Jeep Expeditions, see http://www.jeepexpeditions.org/) in the Scrambler, so the solution was to sell the 'Stang and get a Rubicon. Ordered it from the factory as she insisted on side air bags which no dealer had on their lot. First trip will be to Lake Tahoe and the Rubicon Trail in July. It will be her first Jeep trip. Very excited on getting her involved and worth the lab experiment. :crazy:

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
Where can I get a couple of cases? :D

THAT is GREAT stuff! :drool:

:wave:

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
HHHHHHHAAHAHAHAAAAAAAHAHAHHAAHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHHAAHA

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I almost woke up my daughter on that one!

What's classic about this is the amount of effort, forethought and planning that went into this... AWESOME!

You'll love that thing. Kate is nuts about hers and it's served us really well so far (I wish we'd been able to do a Rubicon!) Fantastic! :cheers: :smokin:

EDIT: And I just noticed the hat too! Wow :bow:

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Awesome! You will absolutely love it!

Bugman

The Rubicon, my backyard
City
Pollock Pines
State
CA
Jim,
That's right where I live. You'll have a wonderful time. Are you going on the Jeeper's Jamboree? If so, we'll have to hook up. I'll be working there. By the way...I think I spilled a bottle of that last year and I've just recently cleaned out most of what grew. I'm down to just a couple Jeeps now. That's some potent stuff!

Robdesigns

Legacy Registered User
City
Central MA
State
MA
Jim:

Does that stuff work on Subarus too? I will need two bottles two convert two cars.

Congrats :cheers:

Rob

SCWorm

hillbilly born-n-bred
City
Fort Mill
State
sc
and love the touch of the baseball cap changing from Mustang to Jeep :rotfl:

Scramblin_Jim

Legacy Registered User
City
Goodyear
State
AZ
Thanks guys. My wife has already asked to drive it a couple times now. WOW! :D That never happens. She likes sitting "up high" and says it turns like our old Volvo (I believe that is a complement). Had to get some grab handles installed as she is having a little bit of an issue of getting in. A friend of mine made a bracket out of 1" square tubing to mount my CB and Ham radio's on. So the $$$ are being diverted away from the Scrambler for the moment to the Rubicon.

Bugman

The Rubicon, my backyard
City
Pollock Pines
State
CA
Jim,
KG6SWC here. What rigs are you running? Ive got FT8800 and FT8900 in a couple of the Jeeps and really like the two channel setup on both. Nice to see another HAM out there!

Scramblin_Jim

Legacy Registered User
City
Goodyear
State
AZ
Jim,
KG6SWC here. What rigs are you running? Ive got FT8800 and FT8900 in a couple of the Jeeps and really like the two channel setup on both. Nice to see another HAM out there!

Well I am new to all this Ham stuff. Just got tired of not being able to hear others in my group when we got strung out more than a mile with the CB. So I went down and took a crash course over three days and got my Tech license. Never even talked on the radio yet. Just last Friday I purchased my FT-8800R (for the Rubicon) and a hand held FT-60R (for the Scrambler). Still need to fabricate the antenna mounting bracket for the Rubicon for both the CB and 2-meter. Was given a Super Gainer SG7500NMO antenna to use for the 2-meter. Still have to purchase the coax cables as well. Also have a dual battery tray and wiring coming so I will run off a second battery and keep all the communications off the main vehicle battery.

I will try and post of pictures of the install if there is interest.

K7JHP
Jim

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
On the dual battery, I think it was in this most recent JP that they mention not running anything off of one battery alone in a dual battery setup because the difference in voltage between the batteries can pull down the higher voltage battery and keep them from charging properly, killing both batteries earlier than they should die. It's better to use both for everything and keep them evenly charged.