• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Jeep pick up news?

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
Lots of good looking Jeep concept trucks. Some of them just need a little more length behind the rear wheels. One of the concepts even brought back the "golf door" that so many cars in the 1930s had so you could easily slide your golf club bag in or take it out. Now that's retro. I don't think they had golf clubs in mind when they added that small door behind the driver door.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
I took my j-10 to a truck show two weekends ago. It was the first time I had people really talking that jeep is going to do a pickup. So I guess it's going to happen. It really won't be a pickup like the true sense of the word cab and bed but it will surely be cool to see.

Spieg

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Aurora
State
CO
Hope it's true, but I'm not holding my breath. If I had a dollar for every time there was a rumored "Wrangler Truck" in the works over the years... This "JK8" conversion sat on the local dealer lot for years (may still be there in the back of the lot somewhere for all I know), so it seems unlikely they would have enough interest for a factory version.

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Hope it's true, but I'm not holding my breath. If I had a dollar for every time there was a rumored "Wrangler Truck" in the works over the years... This "JK8" conversion sat on the local dealer lot for years (may still be there in the back of the lot somewhere for all I know), so it seems unlikely they would have enough interest for a factory version.

They sit on the lot because no one in their right mind is going pay $46k+ for a "truck" that can't haul or tow much of anything.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Well said ! :thumbsup:
e703f3a0d9822302eb9ffbf8aed8b1dc-1.jpg

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
If Jeep wants to build a truck that is going to sell well it better be a real truck and be able to, at the very least, compete with the Toyota Tacoma if not the full-size trucks.

LetchcoreCJ7

Legacy Registered User
City
Nashville
State
TN
If Jeep wants to build a truck that is going to sell well it better be a real truck and be able to, at the very least, compete with the Toyota Tacoma if not the full-size trucks.

I believe they could make something special if they use the wrangler platform and keep it off-road adventure type mid sized truck. A very functional truck. I doubt they try and make a max payload or towing mid size.

Spieg

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Aurora
State
CO
Wish they would just produce this concept vehicle;
06easterjeepsafari-1.jpg

gazzo

AMC Jeep nutjob
Lifetime Member
City
Fremantle
State
WA
Hopefully when/if they do it they squeeze the 3.0V6 in there in preference to the 2.8 4cylinder

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
Chances are, if they do something, it will be lame :rotfl::crazy::eek::wave:

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Spanks u are right on the money. All new jeeps have been lame for more than 5 years. !! :wave:

SKT

Legacy Registered User
City
APO
State
AE

Wonder if it'll be similar to an AEV Double Cab Brute?

AEV's stretched TJ's (104 and 112 WB) called the Long Wheelbase Wrangler is what prompted Jeep to make the LJ. They were making them years before Jeep came out w/ the infamous LJ. They look extremely similar.

MSRP for a DC Brute is currently around $85k. Add another $20k-$30k for a 6.4 Hemi swap along w/ a few other options and the MSRP quickly reaches $120k.

LetchcoreCJ7

Legacy Registered User
City
Nashville
State
TN
A mid size jeep truck on solid front and rear axles potentially a rubicon version with locking Dana 44's would be a really cool truck. It would be different than what is currently out there.

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
Spanks u are right on the money. All new jeeps have been lame for more than 5 years. !! :wave:

Yep :cheers:

The aesthetics shortcomings I put mostly on Jeep, some of it I guess is due to aerodynamic crap to satisfy EPA mandated MPG.

The prices on new Jeeps, and other cars and trucks in general, are ridiculous, but I guess most of that is due to government mandated safety and EPA junk, plus totally useless garbage:

airbags/traction control/back up cameras/abs/pollution control stuff that hurts mileage/Bluetooth/tvs/satellite this and gps that/collision avoidance...............................................................

That's one good thing about older Jeeps, the manufacturers will never be allowed by the government to make them like they used to, so the older "real" Jeeps and trucks will always hold there value:twocents: