• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Jeep Snow Pics...Post 'em up!

I changed over from oil to he gas and loving that I don't need to watch that tank anymore or worry about how much longer the cold is going to be....the money savings are great for buying more jeep parts..

We put in dual 330's for oil years ago... we fill up once a year when it is cheap and there is always plenty of oil... I just hate burning it, so I split stack 10 cord a year and always have 5 in the rotation seasoned and ready to roll... the only issue this year was we had so much snow stick around for so long and it has been soooo cold that everything was frozen up and hard to get to the wood. Next year I am thinking a new structure for the wood... the "tarp covered" wood I am done with, it always blows off and rips and those things aren't cheap to replace for the sizes that I need.

So, I want to do soemthing like this:

http://jamaicacottageshop.com/shop/wood-bin/

But not pay for it, design and build one and put a roof on it... so the wood will be dry for all the mice that live in there :rolleyes:

cb
 
Wow that's a serious wood shed!! Couldn't you use a Rubbermaid shed or something pre made ? I'm not sure if it needs to be opened air..I never burned wood before. >city boy😀
 
Wow that's a serious wood shed!! Couldn't you use a Rubbermaid shed or something pre made ? I'm not sure if it needs to be opened air..I never burned wood before. >city boy😀

We still have over 1.5 ft. of ice/snow on the ground and we had over 3.5 ft. at one point... and a lot of that was on the roofs... I just need to make sure it won't collapse under the weight.
We do it big in the country city boy ;)

cb
 
Is that a custom roof rack?
No That's my 7 . it will go on my 8 soon. Have to extend the runners. It attaches to the rear crossmember and Also it has double baskets.not on. Not sure what brand it was. But bought it 15 years ago. Great for putting 2x4s and pipe o top.
 
Now that is an awesome WOOD Shed! My HOA would chase me out so fast... funny, they do not care about the wood stacked in the yard, but the Out Building policy for sheds is crazy on size, color and style. Darn riding mower just fits thought the shed doors.

I burned a cord and a half this year, have 2 cords seasoning, looking at the neighbors trees already to volunteer taking them down and hauling them away.
 
Eric, are you also cornering market on '94-'96 Grand Ams? Coupes are definitely the ones to buy. I have a Teal Green 4 door with hubcaps (special ordered new)

Ha ha...that is just a 2001 4 cyl with a bunch of bondo and rust...we call it the "wonder car" because, well, it cant be killed... it has got me through the winter this year and has hauled many a jeep part. I keep a disposable, salty, dont care a crap about car around for 75% of my commuting driving and also light hauling...before this it was a 1997 corrola. The pontiac cost $300 and the corolla was free. I have a free 1988 olds station wagon next in line :cheers:
 
snow3.jpg
Snowing again today. This one is waiting for my wife to come back from to town to drive home.
 
Here we have some snow from yesterday morning and gave these an in place first spring crank and run. It was a run in place though due to said snow. And muddy driveway. And mess. :banghead:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427327457.169238.jpg
 
It looks maybe ok in that pic but I have never had a bigger mess out here. It's March 25 and some places where shade and snow falling off means still a foot or more. The melt is causing a real mess.
 
We had rain all night last night... and it is like 38 degrees give or take, so the melt is starting, and it is very soupy on the ground.
The top inch or 2 is soft and then under that is frozen, so water is just puddling everywhere!

cb
 
Light rain, 35 and melting here, but the weatherman is calling for 5 degrees tonight, tomorrow night is calling for 1 degree above zero.
 
Light rain, 35 and melting here, but the weatherman is calling for 5 degrees tonight, tomorrow night is calling for 1 degree above zero.

You must love MI. I would have been either in the insane asylum or moved south by now. It is supposed to be 70 degrees today. Doors off and top down weather.
 
Yes, I do like it up here, but it has been a long winter! Going to be very busy when the weather finally breaks. Snowing now :p
 
A reminder yesterday morning that it's still winter and it's not supposed to be. Lows 22 and 17 last night and tonight as well. Today high 36 blustery and flurries

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427540641.306842.jpg
 
It is cold here in the DC area as well. But thank goodness there is no white stuff. WHEN IS IT GOING TO WARM UP FOR GOOD?!?!?!?!?
 
More snow... 3+ inches today supposedly... I think I am understanding that seasonal depression thing.
This winter started almost 5 months ago now and there really is no end in sight... s upposedly next week should warm up a bit, but I will wait and see.

cb

0328151126.jpg
 
.
.

It's about time to bring this thread to the top again.

Looking forward to seeing some good CJ snow pics this year!

.
.
 
This is probably the only way that my Jeep and snow will ever be in the same picture.
 

Attachments

  • 2281654.jpg
    2281654.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 96
Back
Top