• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Jeep Snow Pics...Post 'em up!

acff5b2b62348761d3fddb49fca2f1b6-1.jpg


Sent from my SM-N910P
 
The real deal now. 2-3 inches per hour type snow. I just did round number 1 with the Willis and some drifts were 3 feet.

408a5cb1d583a42cc7f37833bb06470a-1.jpg
 
Ok Northerners, stop criticizing how we handle snow and Ice. It's rare down here. Kind of like winning a BCS Championship up there.
 
The real deal now. 2-3 inches per hour type snow. I just did round number 1 with the Willis and some drifts were 3 feet.

408a5cb1d583a42cc7f37833bb06470a-1.jpg

Many props to you Jersey for plowing that kind of snow with your old willis.:bow:

Keeping up with client accounts when it is snowing 2-3 inches per hour is tough enough for me with a newer truck.

How does that old girl push? Any problems or have you already put it through the paces?
 
Thanks Jak. And I have always had a thing for your avatar with the plow.

I just get a kick outta old jeeps. Have 3 running plow ones, a 2a, a j20 and this one. And a non running 5,7, and 8. This one I love using it. It purrs like a kitten the old flat head six. This is its second season. It will push real good. About the only thing I'll avoid in it is crossing it up cause the frame is very weak. Prior to that it was the j20 wrecker. That thing is a powerhouse and with low range QT in emergency drive basically unstoppable. And heavy in the rear. I woulda used it again but the Willis showed up. The 2a just is a summer put put mobile really more like a golf cart it came with a fully working plow but no power angle. It just hangs around looking the part.
 
Great back story. I love old plow jeeps too. I will post up my brother's lake cabin scrambler with the western when it is complete. My first jeep was an 80 CJ7 with a Meyer e47. If I ever find the time my green scrambler will get a nice patina e47 I saved for it. FWIW, my avatar came from an old Meyer brochure that my dad had with his commando snow plow paperwork.

Plow with the storm and stay safe out there. :thumbsup:
 
Very cool. I have a cherry 82 cj5 E47 complete plow set up that came from a horse farm. It was used more to excercise Horses than plowing and the plow setup was always kept inside. I want to get it going on a 7 most likely to have a plow CJ again. :cheers:
 
Our storm totals they are saying will be 22-30 inches. I think we have 2 feet at least so far. It's lightening up now but still snowing. I did a push at 6 pm or so and that was some pouring snow as heavy as it gets rate wise. Then I did some digging.

5edce10397efb3cd3b948aadae17d096-1.jpg
 
Back
Top