• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

JerseyJeeps Road Trippin' Thread

Thanks ya'al for the above kind words.....let's try posting an image .. and ... let's take a road trip ! Leaving 7 am tomorrow ... zzzzz

Woo-Hoo, glad to see you back here Eric - please don’t be a stranger.

As you can see, many of us missed having you posting here!
 
Add me to the list. Miss the conversations everyone had. Nice to see you check in.
 
  • Like
Reactions: SKT
Where ya heading and what's the prize when you get there?
 
  • Like
Reactions: SKT
IMG_8431.JPG

CJ is an 82, dash panel is swapped in in its entirety from an 81 same color base model scrambler , with the working alpine stereo as well. This is one of my best driving CJs.. but don't let the appearance fool you, there are bondo filled holes and many aluminum painted white duct tape areas.
 
And pretty low mileage also, unless it's already been around the horn and starting over again :)
 
View attachment 69525

CJ is an 82, dash panel is swapped in in its entirety from an 81 same color base model scrambler , with the working alpine stereo as well. This is one of my best driving CJs.. but don't let the appearance fool you, there are bondo filled holes and many aluminum painted white duct tape areas.

That's the kind of CJ you drive in the winter on the extra salty roads up here.
 
  • Like
Reactions: SKT
Any good Jeep pics or road trips to share from the past 2 years you were away from the forum?
 
View attachment 69525

CJ is an 82, dash panel is swapped in in its entirety from an 81 same color base model scrambler , with the working alpine stereo as well. This is one of my best driving CJs.. but don't let the appearance fool you, there are bondo filled holes and many aluminum painted white duct tape areas.


Mine goes that fast, too :thumbsup:

IMG_20190203_233319.jpg
 
  • Like
Reactions: SKT
So.... 15 years ago today and into tomorrow I did one of my first long CJ road trips and for that matter also bought the first really good original CJ which I still have today. Back in 2004 I didn't even own a scrambler, was 3 years outta college, and I didn't drink coffee at all. So I flew into Oklahoma and drove this yellow thing home 23.5 hours straight while consuming 7 Dr. Peppers... Now at age 41, I drink zero soda and 3-4 cups of coffee a day.

I found it on autotrader, mailed him a $500 deposit check, and flew out with 5K in my pocket. It all turned out ok, the Jeep ran great, the windshield leaked alot, as I followed rain 3/4 of the way. I remember the rain the most...and the tiredness...but I never closed my eyes.

Ive done little things over the years, repaired the driver seat, added original tires, removed the tube bumpers (right away) and added a bikini top. To this day its one of the best driving CJs I have, and the carter carb purrs every time (no computer or stepper motor in 1982, the final year sans that)

Its crazy to me to think what my CJ life turned into after this Jeep, it really was the one that made me appreciate what good sheet metal looked like, having grown up around rust all my life. It started an obsession of finding good CJs, learning about originality, and branching out across many southern and western states to find more.

First pic is the autotrader pic from March 04

DSCN0004.JPG
 
Back
Top