• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

JerseyJeeps Road Trippin' Thread

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
I remember that jeep on auto trader. I thought it was too expensive so I passed on it.

53D Scrambler

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Hampstead
State
NC
Is that the Bestop Bikini I traded you a few years ago? It was nutmeg....if so it was put to very good use. Great looking 7, then and now.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
You bought that for only $5,500!?!?!?! :eek:

I would have thought there were more surprising things than this in that post 8-) but yes thats kinda what you could find 15 years ago....also it wasnt cleaned up, filthy inside and out, ripped seat, faded top, etc...so thats what it was. I recall it was listed for 5900 or best offer, the autotrader ad is still in the console...

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Is that the Bestop Bikini I traded you a few years ago? It was nutmeg....if so it was put to very good use. Great looking 7, then and now.

Thanks...it could be, or the spare one is the one from you...I always try to have the bestop traditionals around as they are my favorites with the long straps to the back corners. Yours may be headed on an 84 Renegade soon

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
I'm back in Oregon and Back in the west coast road tripping saddle....back where this thread all began 6 years ago !

I flew into Medford last night and grabbed this 87 Comanche long bed 2x4 with 254k miles on it and gonna drive it up to hang out with Randyzzz in the Bend area for a few days..

This trip is a few years in the making due to Randy's hospitality storing parts for me . The goal is to completely fill the back of it in 3 days and then ship it home ✌️

Next stop is coffee then Grants Pass to pick up some rims I got off CL last month...stay tuned ?

IMG_9945.JPG

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
IMG_9952.JPG

First stop a beautiful farm in grants pass , guy on CL left these out for me after agreeing a few weeks ago to leave a $100 bill under the door for the set of 4. These are 8" 1981 wheels, one year only center cap hole style. ??

Attachments

• IMG_9950.JPG
    IMG_9950.JPG
    244.5 KB · Views: 18

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
IMG_9964.JPG

Then it was on to a familiar stop from 6 years ago. Any ideas why this spot is special to me ?

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
I'm back in Oregon and Back in the west coast road tripping saddle....back where this thread all began 6 years ago !

I flew into Medford last night and grabbed this 87 Comanche long bed 2x4 with 254k miles on it and gonna drive it up to hang out with Randyzzz in the Bend area for a few days..

This trip is a few years in the making due to Randy's hospitality storing parts for me . The goal is to completely fill the back of it in 3 days and then ship it home ✌️

Next stop is coffee then Grants Pass to pick up some rims I got off CL last month...stay tuned ?

View attachment 71926
Grew up about 20 miles north of Medford. Sister in Ashland & brother in Eugene. Good friend lives just outside of Bend. Some really beautiful mountains & lakes out there. We had a large cattle range just outside of Crater Lake which I'm sure you will drive by. Never get enough of that area

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Grew up about 20 miles north of Medford. Sister in Ashland & brother in Eugene. Good friend lives just outside of Bend. Some really beautiful mountains & lakes out there. We had a large cattle range just outside of Crater Lake which I'm sure you will drive by. Never get enough of that area

Yes this is my 3rd Jeep from here and each time I flew out to do so as it is just too nice here. This time I finally got into Bend area also.

Last edited:

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Made it into Redmond area around mid afternoon. The old Chee performed great.

Before Eugene, stopped here and traded 15 minutes of my time for $100 in gas money.?

IMG_9965.JPG

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
On the way through the mountain passes to Bend .. still plenty of snow at these elevations.

IMG_9968.JPG