Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Farmington
State
NM
Word of warning. If you are going to use the stanchions I would put couplings at the top between the roll bar and the stanchions. Because if you have an issue with the dash and need to take it out the whole roll bar will need removed. I just went through that issue with my CJ6 I am building. I decided to cut the roll bar and install the couplings to get the dash out. Just food for thought. You can see the build in the non-scrambler build thread, someone called it a tj6.

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I wish i had the skills some of you all have. I am in the process of just cleaning up my Scrambler and I feel like I am doing a good job until I see these rebuild threads. I feel like such a hack and I know I am doing a fairly good job. Just don't have the skill some of you all have.
Most of us don’t or at least didn’t have anything close to what we have now back when we showed up here (EIGHTEEN years for me... wow, right after this site launched in 2002).

The key is that everyone here loves these Jeeps and wants to keep them on the road. You found the right place to help you do that as best you can and where you can get good answers to your questions and that is ALL that matters. :thumbsup:

City
Chesterfield
State
MO
Also, I have a full cage with the same brackets for the dash area. I have my cage out right now because I am scraping all the old DIY bed liner out and going to spray fresh Raptor liner on everything including the cage. When I took the cage out, I realized I had the same issue pulling the cage out, so I used two heavy ratchet straps from the back roll bars to the front and pulled the cage away from the dash enough to lift it out. I think with removing the column I could also drop the dash out if needed by doing the same thing? But I agree, those need to be designed so you can remove the dash if needed and take the center sections out.

City
Chesterfield
State
MO
Just like this, I thought I mounted these right, now I'm second guessing the position of the flares. They are aluminum and my buddy welded them for me after I marked them up. Now I wonder if I should cut them off and position them lower? I was trying to stay high and towards the rear in case I ever cut the opening bigger. Now I wonder if I screwed that up?

Attachments

gr8dain

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Most of us don’t or at least didn’t have anything close to what we have now back when we showed up here (EIGHTEEN years for me... wow, right after this site launched in 2002).

The key is that everyone here loves these Jeeps and wants to keep them on the road. You found the right place to help you do that as best you can and where you can get good answers to your questions and that is ALL that matters. :thumbsup:
^^^^^ All of what he said. I knew nothing (practically) until I tore my Scrambler apart to do the frame swap and rebuilt it from the ground up. The only thing I really still want to learn is body work. I am even rebuilding my first motor right now.
My wife asked if I wanted a steel Scrambler. I of course said “Yes, I would like a SECOND Scrambler”. She laughed and said that she knew I would never get rid of this one. I have put too much effort into it.
And I have learned a good bit about grounds from Dustin. I would not have learned it if I did not have this glass tub, or this forum, or having gotten to know Dustin. He drove all the way over to my place to chase down a ground for my turn signal.

My point is keep learning. Lots of folks are here to help.

Last edited: