• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

JMU Scrambler rebuild.

MikeV

Always learning
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Monroe
State
NY
I have learned so much since I joined this forum and I really love reading these incredible build threads. I am not a mechanic so I follow them closely and feel that I am being educated about these vehicles on a level that I could not get anywhere else. The level of support between members here is special and for want of a better word tribal!

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Just like this, I thought I mounted these right, now I'm second guessing the position of the flares. They are aluminum and my buddy welded them for me after I marked them up. Now I wonder if I should cut them off and position them lower? I was trying to stay high and towards the rear in case I ever cut the opening bigger. Now I wonder if I screwed that up?
As the suspension flexes the wheel moves up and back. So I think your placement is functionally correct. You might want to trim the tub a bit and then paint the area under the flare black so it doesn’t look off center. Or stretch the wheel well back to match the flare. That would be the ideal solution. Might as well bite the bullet now and do it while everything’s apart.

shortbals

City
Chesterfield
State
MO
As the suspension flexes the wheel moves up and back. So I think your placement is functionally correct. You might want to trim the tub a bit and then paint the area under the flare black so it doesn’t look off center. Or stretch the wheel well back to match the flare. That would be the ideal solution. Might as well bite the bullet now and do it while everything’s apart.

Yes, I think I like how it looks and plan to paint the flare and the inside tub and under the flare with black raptor liner. I think all said and done it will look good. I might cut more off the rear before I am done, but I don't think it is far off. Thank you

Jeeper_4_Life

Scrambler Rookie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Kingman
State
Ks
Where did you get the cage stanchion's? Are they Genright or some else's?

Jeeperdd

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
SOA Member
City
Gordonsville
State
VA
Got the windshield in yesterday, tail lights, gas filler lines, heater box in. Waiting on defrost duct to come in.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Are those the JB twin sticks ? Just ordered a set a couple of days ago. Is that their shift boot ?