Meet Rusty, 82 5.0 Build

City
Centennial
State
CO
OK, I have the 5.0 engine and correct bell housing and pilot bushing to install the t176. The only two things left are the hydraulic pedal setup and cutting 5/8 of an inch off the tip of the t176 tranny. But I really don't want to do that. I was looking around for a T18 or T19 but then I would have to pay for the conversion to the transfer case. I saw this add locally and think it might work-

For a Scout II a complete conversion from automatic to manual w/ the best rock crawler tranny ( T19 tranny is fully synchronized granny gear (1st ) ......and a 30% over drive in high gear also includes all pedals linkage driveshafts and a dana 20 transfer case

So in theory I could use the T19 and it already has the matting to my transfer case without the conversion? Then I could sell my rebuilt t176.

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
I never heard/knew that a T19 (or any 4 speed) had an option for 4th being an overdrive.

City
Centennial
State
CO
I never heard/knew that a T19 (or any 4 speed) had an option for 4th being an overdrive.
My first 67 Mustang had a transplant toploader 3 speed overdrive (4th was overdrive). I asked him if the T19 was rebuilt that way since he told me it was a fresh rebuild.