Graveltravels

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Red Deer
State
AB
So the wheels under the counterweight rotate too? Or rotate the tracks to be parallel to the wheels? Now you gave me something else to Google today.
The crane was a tracked unit, the counterweight super-structure was attached and slaved to it, and as the crane spun and then travelled, the counterweight just followed along on its wheels.

jpnmaine

CJ-8.com Member
City
East Wilton
State
ME
Think the Mill I work in had an 850K to pick two digesters up. Came over seas and delivered beginning of this month. Hopefully it stays to install a new one. Pretty cool to watch it get assembled. Faster than I thought possible.

Graveltravels

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Red Deer
State
AB
So, life got busy, out of control, etc, lots of away from home jobs, life changes, etc, and there was a year and a half or so span with no wheeling. This CJ picture is one I snapped out at ruby falls, in the winter. Couple different groups were in for a run. I’ll have to see if I can find the one Jeep they had with them.

Graveltravels

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Red Deer
State
AB
I like old school. Jeeps mainly, but I enjoy wheeling with some Toyota guys too. The old 4runner fell thru the ice. Took us an hour or so to extract him without damage.