• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Mikes wanderings

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
There’s one of those cranes down the road here in Redmond. Biggest mobile crane I have ever seen!

Graveltravels

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Red Deer
State
AB
So the wheels under the counterweight rotate too? Or rotate the tracks to be parallel to the wheels? Now you gave me something else to Google today.

The crane was a tracked unit, the counterweight super-structure was attached and slaved to it, and as the crane spun and then travelled, the counterweight just followed along on its wheels.

Graveltravels

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Red Deer
State
AB
I was wondering what type of plant it was at ? A lot of weight

This is at a gas and oil battery and refinery. This is actually the start point of the big KInder Morgan pipeline to the coast of BC, from Alberta’s heartland.

Oakley

Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Cumming
State
GA
Those pictures are awesome the trails I dream about in the mountains. Unfortunately this was my urban wheeling adventure lately. Caution picture may be disturbing to many in here
711C560C-E604-4A0A-A119-A7767F01E374.jpeg

jpnmaine

City
East Wilton
State
ME
Think the Mill I work in had an 850K to pick two digesters up. Came over seas and delivered beginning of this month. Hopefully it stays to install a new one. Pretty cool to watch it get assembled. Faster than I thought possible.

Graveltravels

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Red Deer
State
AB
So, life got busy, out of control, etc, lots of away from home jobs, life changes, etc, and there was a year and a half or so span with no wheeling. This CJ picture is one I snapped out at ruby falls, in the winter. Couple different groups were in for a run. I’ll have to see if I can find the one Jeep they had with them.

Graveltravels

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Red Deer
State
AB
I like old school. Jeeps mainly, but I enjoy wheeling with some Toyota guys too. The old 4runner fell thru the ice. Took us an hour or so to extract him without damage.