• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Minion mobile - '01 XJ

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Starting my own thread to document the fly-n-drive to Oregon to pick up this XJ from @Randyzzz. I'd been after him since he first found this thing to sell it to me and he finally gave me the chance. We have sold off our TJ to replace it with this as it's much, much more useful for our family and both the kid and the wife are thrilled. The color really made it :bacon:

Randy's thread: https://www.cj-8.com/threads/my-2001-cherokee-“bumblebee”.51659/

Crazy excited to get this, I head out pre-dawn Thursday to spend the day getting ready and hanging out with Randy and Carol and I'll start back early Friday. I'll document the trip here. Weather looks like it's going to cooperate :fingerscrossed:

171704513_750407428979074_7393434419951527536_n.jpg
 
Got to say, road trip buy-and drive threads are perhaps my favorite ones to keep track of on here. Thanks for documenting for all of us who have never done one. It's on my bucket list.
 
Freaking Oregon… so weird not filling it myself.
 

Attachments

  • A7B26AA3-96B4-4073-93A9-FEEF90E4CD37.jpeg
    A7B26AA3-96B4-4073-93A9-FEEF90E4CD37.jpeg
    142.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 0DEB7222-AF66-4F8B-8AC7-999EC35CDE61.jpeg
    0DEB7222-AF66-4F8B-8AC7-999EC35CDE61.jpeg
    131.5 KB · Views: 10
And don't turn left at lighted intersections except on the green arrow!

But any big items you need, buy now. No sales tax rocks.
 
Safe travels on way home man.
Also if you have any problem on the way back I would call that same road service guy who gave you a hand on the way to Nationals 😂😂
 
So Eric, you can tell us. Just quietly, is Randy's 8 as sweet as it looks or is he just photo shopping it to look like it's the nicest 8 on the planet? I promise we won't tell Randy.....
 
Mid morning update. Started before 5 to stay on eastern time and get going. Randy and Carol were so much fun to finally meet.

Headed through nothingness but was greeted with an amazing sunrise and just crossed a pass east of Haney, OR and had to stop to take photos. It’s glorious.

Jeep’s running great thus far :smokin:
3428BF6A-0508-4AAB-B8B3-175CA42F9687.jpegEC26FA65-4DDA-47D8-9776-14FC548F38AD.jpeg03A5EEE5-CF69-416B-A0ED-30B0C70CFA7E.png1C723194-B1F8-4E50-8575-9F6303B7D288.jpegE2838C9A-83F9-4145-8053-6445ABC6CDAF.jpegC5307A32-5FB1-4A50-89B8-F210E77CA9CF.jpeg27D9D969-75DA-4F2C-BD63-1F239C610077.jpegE9E946F6-11A2-4B06-AC82-CE2FBC49D4FB.jpeg6923F0E5-1D5D-4852-A53F-9E6199329204.jpegD4075E5D-604E-4D3B-9F3F-9674E6DACC35.jpeg
 
Not as picturesque, made it into Idaho and about halfway to Wyoming. Got to eat at a Carl’s Jr., which I dig on hard and found a cool old one lane iron bridge.
 

Attachments

  • 7C8B91F5-16FB-4E19-BEAB-7A393D44B8B7.jpeg
    7C8B91F5-16FB-4E19-BEAB-7A393D44B8B7.jpeg
    99.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 5FAF0A25-4E47-420B-9B96-38BD4A1D1B02.jpeg
    5FAF0A25-4E47-420B-9B96-38BD4A1D1B02.jpeg
    158.9 KB · Views: 13
  • E2A56BFC-10A2-4BD0-8122-418DAEFEEC59.jpeg
    E2A56BFC-10A2-4BD0-8122-418DAEFEEC59.jpeg
    166.6 KB · Views: 14
Back
Top