• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

My first cj8 project

4miles

CJ-8 Member
City
Virginia Beach
State
VA
Dash heater cables

Here are a couple of the dash before it was redone. I'll get one of the battery tray tomorrow morning.

attachment.php

attachment.php

One ton

Legacy Registered User
City
Fredericksburg
State
Va
Thanks :bow: Pic of the wisher bottle to and the over flow would help to :D :D :fingerscrossed:

4miles

CJ-8 Member
City
Virginia Beach
State
VA
Pictures

Curtis........Here are some of the battery brackets and one of the washer bottle. It finally quite snowing sideways, so it was getting on dark when I took them. Let me know if that is not clear enough where the brackets go or any thing else you may need.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

One ton

Legacy Registered User
City
Fredericksburg
State
Va
Thanks A LOT :bow: :cheers: Should have more pics later in the week, Only got the hood to put on trying to get it ready for the wireing.

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
Looking good! Great progress.

TexasJeep

Legacy Registered User
City
Cincinnati
State
oh
That looks great, what size and type of tire and lift do you have on it?

One ton

Legacy Registered User
City
Fredericksburg
State
Va
Thanks, It has one inch body lift 4.5 springs Tires are 14.5x 36 Old school ground hogs dont see them much was what i used back 25 years ago

One ton

Legacy Registered User
City
Fredericksburg
State
Va
Been doing a little more, It is ready for the wiring Come on down Rustycrawler or 4Miles and we could have it runing in no time :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: could make a trade for beach house time :rotfl: :rotfl: :cheers:
Only got Wiring, Brake boster,drive shafts,and B&M floor shifter to make it able to drive. I hope :fingerscrossed:

Last pic is of my hand and a nut in a hose, I was showing my son how i took a hose and split it to hold the nut, with missing my tip of my finger it is hard to hold the small nuts and get them started it tight spots. Lost my finger working on a truck one night, was puting a dump body on a pick up.

sodman

Sodman
City
Arcadia
State
FL
Very nice job.:bow: I like the Ground Hawgs. I ran them on a Chev. 1/2ton for years in FL. Doing the math it was in the late 80's early 90's. They took me through some rough mudd chasing hogs back in the day! They look tough on your Scrammy. Thanks for sharring>

One ton

Legacy Registered User
City
Fredericksburg
State
Va
Been working on the bumpers this is the front, Going to do the rear tomorrow

One ton

Legacy Registered User
City
Fredericksburg
State
Va
Few more pics. One is the old power hack saw i use it ant much and blades are hard to find, When i use the last blade i got to get something new.

Last edited:

Turzog

Scrambler Enthusiast
Lifetime Member
City
Rockville
State
Md
That is one fine scrambler. Cant tell my wife how much went into the Jeep or she'd make the couch my permanent bed.

Keep it up

One ton

Legacy Registered User
City
Fredericksburg
State
Va
That is one fine scrambler. Cant tell my wife how much went into the Jeep or she'd make the couch my permanent bed.

Keep it up
My wife dont ask, :angry: I told her dont ask me and i wont have to tell her a lie :D :D