My wife bought me a Jeep!

mattymajors

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Spring Creek
State
NV
Wiring is coming to a close on the 4.0 swap. Today I stole the PCM bracket off my wife’s 95 YJ and tweaked the CJ batt tray to accept it. Worked really well.

Attachments

mattymajors

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Spring Creek
State
NV

mattymajors

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Spring Creek
State
NV

mattymajors

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Spring Creek
State
NV
In the in between time... finished the drive-over fenders on the trailer. Picked up my wife’s YJ. Got in a quick Moab trip.

Attachments

City
Aurora
State
NC
I like the ss/chrome accents on Little Red. I’m debating if I want to go that way with my Tj to Cj build. Getting those door and windshield hinge bolts off can be a monster. You’ve got a pretty sharp looking Cj8 there.

jak inc

I H8 RUST!
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Merton
State
WI
Winch build looks good! All you need are some Jeep Special Equipment winch directionals.

mattymajors

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Spring Creek
State
NV
So, Santa brought this. I would have put it on before setting the new engine/wiring, but hey it wasn’t too big an issue. Pulled the water pump, labeled and removed all the intake wiring, just put your hands into dark holes and old manifolds will come out. New gasket, double checked flange thickness, and in it went. I did find that I was missing an intake bolt underneath, so that’ll be on the way. I believe it’s a 1.25” 3/8x16 bolt w/ 9/16” head and a goofy washer that the internet sells.

Attachments

mattymajors

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Spring Creek
State
NV

Attachments

Pman

Busted Knuckles
LIFETIME
City
Mount Pleasant
State
SC
Wow! Subbed to this thread. You didn't mess around when you bought this a couple of years ago. I had to laugh just a bit about your 8274. I bought my old Warn from Dawn and Jodie Abbott in Cartersville GA (I think they are members here and awesome folks), and it worked wonderfully until about the time my steering box puked. Here I am chasing the leak on the steering box (which truly was leaking), and then I start noticing oil collecting all over my winch plate. I thought the high pressure side of the steering box was shooting fluid up there, and it turned out the blasted winch started leaking at almost the same time!
Really strong work on your 8. When I get done with mine I'll refocus on my winch and will definitely refer to your pics.

mattymajors

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Spring Creek
State
NV
Wow! Subbed to this thread. You didn't mess around when you bought this a couple of years ago. I had to laugh just a bit about your 8274. I bought my old Warn from Dawn and Jodie Abbott in Cartersville GA (I think they are members here and awesome folks), and it worked wonderfully until about the time my steering box puked. Here I am chasing the leak on the steering box (which truly was leaking), and then I start noticing oil collecting all over my winch plate. I thought the high pressure side of the steering box was shooting fluid up there, and it turned out the blasted winch started leaking at almost the same time!
Really strong work on your 8. When I get done with mine I'll refocus on my winch and will definitely refer to your pics.
I got a lot of feedback on the “leaking case” prior to cracking it open. I got great work from a guy in SLC who knows these things inside/out, no leaks pulled the CJ around easy during the engine swap.