• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

New owner

James Misner

City
Lawrencetown
State
NS
Welcome. Rusty is a good name. At least the front floor boards aren't rusty(since they aren't really there. The frame sure has a lot of scale and surface rust. The bed is super clean at least. I am guessing the front floor boarda are so gone because the driver tracked snow in and the carpet got wet and just stayed wet in the winter and killed them. Did you get it running yet?
Yes sir! New oil, fuel, plugs, fuel pump and filter... and purred like a kitten!
Welcome to the best Scrambler site on the web James!
Thanks!

James Misner

City
Lawrencetown
State
NS
Welcome. Rusty is a good name. At least the front floor boards aren't rusty(since they aren't really there. The frame sure has a lot of scale and surface rust. The bed is super clean at least. I am guessing the front floor boarda are so gone because the driver tracked snow in and the carpet got wet and just stayed wet in the winter and killed them. Did you get it running yet?
I sure did! New oil, fuel, fuel filter, fuel pump and plugs. Purred like a kitten!

James Misner

City
Lawrencetown
State
NS
Sure did!

Kane

CJ-8 Member
City
Berlin
State
ct
I may be risking getting banned from this site for saying this, but if I had a choice between my scrambler and that Cherokee for an only toy I think I would go with the Cherokee.

Scott_P

Legacy Registered User
Silver Member
City
Benzonia
State
MI
I may be risking getting banned from this site for saying this, but if I had a choice between my scrambler and that Cherokee for an only toy I think I would go with the Cherokee.

You and I must think an awful lot alike....the thought of offering to trade my Scrambler for that Cherokee did cross my mind!

And I'll go on record...James - consider me 1st right of refusal if you ever decide to sell that sweet SJ!

James Misner

City
Lawrencetown
State
NS
Thanks guys,
I drove the cherokee more than I drove my 86 Renegade last summer. My jeeps are stored winters. The cherokee handles like a dream on the highway and it turns a lot of heads. It has some issues with rust and oil leaks but I hope to do a restoration one day when the scrambler is done.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI

:rotfl:

That thing is definitely sick.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Thanks guys,
I drove the cherokee more than I drove my 86 Renegade last summer. My jeeps are stored winters. The cherokee handles like a dream on the highway and it turns a lot of heads. It has some issues with rust and oil leaks but I hope to do a restoration one day when the scrambler is done.

I’ll admit that I drive my Cherokee more than the Postal in the summer too (and my LJ gets parked for the season save for rainy days). They’re fantastic daily drivers and I’ve gotten more comments on the Cherokee in the much shorter time that I’ve owners it than on all my other Jeeps combined. :eek: non-Jeep people seem drawn to it more then the CJ.

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
Usually on Ebay there is a listing for all four for a Scrambler for around $129.

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
I get mine through Trans American Wholesale