• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

New Site Issue Thread

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I was wondering about that too, when I went looking for the "how to shorten seat brackets" write-up.

I ended up finding the thread down in the Fab Shop section, but it was nice having a dedicated write up tab.

Sorry, not the way they were, yet, they will be coming back in some form.

This software doesn’t have that exact ability built in. Most of those were threads on the forum somewhere, they were just “promoted” as articles. Some were actually created as articles and those won’t be available until we can port them over.

Sfisher

Basic User
Silver Member
City
El Dorado Hills
State
CA
I'm not sure where to find this but.....where do I go to pay an annual membership? I want to be able to post pics directly from phone. I go to the "How to Contribute" area and all I see is: There are currently no purchasable user upgrades.

My apologies if I'm just blind to where to do this.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
No
I'm not sure where to find this but.....where do I go to pay an annual membership? I want to be able to post pics directly from phone. I go to the "How to Contribute" area and all I see is: There are currently no purchasable user upgrades.

My apologies if I'm just blind to where to do this.

We are working on those now. The new software required some changes to how we had those set up and we are taking the opportunity to make some other tweaks on the way memberships work. We hope to have them back up very soon.

Bad Karma

Captain Sarcasm
BENEFACTOR
Lifetime Member
City
Cobourg, Ontario, Cana
State
da
Any plans to have the different colors available for the forum? I used the redish theme, forget what it was called. Not a big deal, just liked it over the blue and white

CHIEFWAHO

SOA VP
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
SOA Board Member
City
Thayer
State
KS
Will there be a member search like we use to have ?
Use to be able to do an "Advanced Search" with features such as searching by city, state and a few others.

Now there does not seam to be anything other than searching by the user names.

Last edited:

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Use to be able to do an "Advanced Search" with features such as searching by city, state and a few others.

I see an advance search button option after I hit the search button.

CHIEFWAHO

SOA VP
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
SOA Board Member
City
Thayer
State
KS
Yes but still can not search by city or state once to the NEW advanced search.
Pretty much impossible to search if you do not know the user name.
1527697845146.png
1527697861960.png

onesourcemike

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
Wilmington
State
NC

That member search was very useful!!

masscj2a

Rebuilding America's Jeep
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
You should be able to tap your avatar and then do it again in the pop-up window that shows your user info and then once more in the next screen to select a new picture. This version is much more flexible with avatar images.

On the signature, we’re still sorting out the different user levels and there will be some changes with things like signature sizes and pictures. Be patient with us on that.
Will this mean that the lifetime members will get there little title back ?

93_Fummins

CJ-8 Member
City
Edmond
State
OK
Not sure if this has been mentioned, or if anyone else is experiencing it, but what happened to some of the older thread pictures? I have a line on a 8274 winch and was searching rebuild threads and almost all of them have red X's for images. Is this a bug or do I need to order another round of patience? And I checked the properties on them, most of which were not hostage PBucket but actual CJ-8.com uploads, so I are confused.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
It’s possible there are image issues. We had to migrate a massive amount of info.

We need thread links to be able to look at these though.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I just finished pushing out a new issue of JPFreek, so my time was all on that. I hope to dig into some of the extras/additions we want to bring to the forum now.

Appreciate everyone's patience. There was never going to be a "perfect" time to do this move, so we just defaulted to making it happen and working to get everything sorted as best possible at best possible speed.

masscj2a

Rebuilding America's Jeep
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
I don't think anyone is worried about it. Your doing a great job ! Steady wins the race, not fast.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Seems to be working well to me ! Once all the fixed items that have been mentioned, this will really be a great site.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Will this mean that the lifetime members will get there little title back ?
All the member level titles should be showing up under your name now. Lifetime member, CJ-8.com Member, CJ-8.com Vendor, SOA member and SOA Board

I think we're overdue for an SOA member reconciliation, I'll ask the board about that.

timo439

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Portsmouth
State
NH
Nice work on the migration. Looks great.

One question, did we lose a bunch of threads? I can't find the latest build threads from Certifiable. Jonesing for an update but can't even find the old posts.

93_Fummins

CJ-8 Member
City
Edmond
State
OK
It’s possible there are image issues. We had to migrate a massive amount of info.

We need thread links to be able to look at these though.

Issue might have been on my end....not sure yet. A couple threads were not showing pictures for me, but now they are magically. Might have been a browser cache issue on my unit, or possibly firewall....ATT has been servicing stuff here lately and everything has been a little wonky. I'll bookmark and post the next thread it happens in to see if anyone else can recreate.