• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

New Site Issue Thread

CHIEFWAHO

SOA VP
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Board Member
Any possibility that "Member Search" like we use to have can come back ?

We use to be able to do an "Advanced Search" with features such as searching by city, state and a few others.

Now there does not seam to be anything other than searching by the user names.

walkerhoundvm

Typical Know-it-all
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
Any possibility that "Member Search" like we use to have can come back ?

We use to be able to do an "Advanced Search" with features such as searching by city, state and a few others.

Now there does not seam to be anything other than searching by the user names.

In addition to this, just bringing up the missing tech pages again :)

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
We've run into an issue with our software guy that's causing everything to take waaaay longer than we wanted, sorry.

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
I find I look at less threads now than with the old setup. And I thought you could see what state everyone was in before. But I don't like it when stores rearrange everything and I have to learn where everything is all over again.

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
1.) I used to be able to search within my own threads, I don't see how to do that anymore?
2.) I guess all the pictures that do not show up will have to be manually re-entered?

EDIT - Seems all the pictures I saved to the site then posted to my threads are gone?

Some of my way old pics weren't showing up on my Red Scrambler thread, very random and spotty. If I refreshed the page they would show up. Sometimes, just hitting '"Edit Post" would make them show up, then I would hit "Save", and they were visible?

I fixed all my Red Scrambler thread pictures. It still shows the "no picture" symbol in places, but I reloaded the pictures?

Last edited:

bigwalton

Staff member
SOA Member
1.) I used to be able to search within my own threads, I don't see how to do that anymore?
2.) I guess all the pictures that do not show up will have to be manually re-entered?

EDIT - Seems all the pictures I saved to the site then posted to my threads are gone?

Some of my way old pics weren't showing up on my Red Scrambler thread, very random and spotty. If I refreshed the page they would show up. Sometimes, just hitting '"Edit Post" would make them show up, then I would hit "Save", and they were visible?

I fixed all my Red Scrambler thread pictures. It still shows the "no picture" symbol in places, but I reloaded the pictures?
When you mention "saved to the site" do you mean the old "gallery?" There's no equivalent to that for this forum software (and it was almost never used) so unfortunately, yes.

Not sure on the refresh thing making pics show up.

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
When you mention "saved to the site" do you mean the old "gallery?" There's no equivalent to that for this forum software (and it was almost never used) so unfortunately, yes.

Not sure on the refresh thing making pics show up.
Yep, all the pictures I uploaded to my threads via the old "Gallery" went away with the new update. So, I reloaded all of them.

On pictures that I posted several years ago, sometimes some of them randomly wont show up, the "red x" thing shows. If I refresh the page, the pictures show up. Might be a problem with my antique, 10 year old Toshiba lap top running Windows7 LOL :crazy:

CJ7Pilot

LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
Hey BigWalton, I just want to let you know how much I like this new forum software!

I did pretty well with the old one, but this just seems to work more smoothly.

Granted, there was a bit of a learning curve, but nothing too outrageous.

I especially like the drag-n-drop method for attaching photos!

That said, I don't use my phone for internet stuff. I'm using a Mac with the Firefox browser, and I couldn't be happier.

Thanks for all your hard work! :cheers:

bigwalton

Staff member
SOA Member
Hey BigWalton, I just want to let you know how much I like this new forum software!

I did pretty well with the old one, but this just seems to work more smoothly.

Granted, there was a bit of a learning curve, but nothing too outrageous.

I especially like the drag-n-drop method for attaching photos!

That said, I don't use my phone for internet stuff. I'm using a Mac with the Firefox browser, and I couldn't be happier.

Thanks for all your hard work! :cheers:
Thanks, we’ve had trouble getting our software guy to take the next steps to get us where I want it to be, but this step alone is huge. First priority (and it’s almost a joke at this point to call it a priority) is to get the memberships back up and to add more functionality back to search to make it more like it was in the previous version.

Scott_P

Legacy Registered User
CJ-8.com Member
Yep, nice set-up!

One question/comment....not sure if it has been mentioned to date yet, but one thing I miss from the old format is the members' location in the avatar field....as in city/state.