• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Official CJ-8.com cigar and scotch/whiskey thread

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Costco had JW Platinum for the first time yesterday. It was $118 a bottle and you had to take the box to the cage to pick it up :eek:

Figured I'll wait until I can score a sample elsewhere.

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
A "little" knob creek tonight. Haha

ehusyvuv-1.jpg

Dain

zero2wow

SOA old xprez...
Lifetime Member
City
Vancouver
State
WA
Costco had JW Platinum for the first time yesterday. It was $118 a bottle and you had to take the box to the cage to pick it up :eek:Figured I'll wait until I can score a sample elsewhere.

Anyone as yet had some of the JWP? Whatchathink? mmm mmmm
z

fbeiii

Scrambler Enthusiast
Lifetime Member
City
Warren
State
PA
Laird's Applejack very tasty for the after work nip prior to packing the house up.
pa6yby2a-1.jpg

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Another bottle from my wonderful wife. She is trying to get me to expand my tastes (of whiskey anyway).

6e2ajeju-1.jpg

Dain

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
NICE! I love that the first picture is on a workbench and has coax splitters in the background. :headbang:

scott anderson

Old age Mutant Ninjaneer
City
Paragould
State
ar
I had to get some cable to the shop ...so i could work and watch Cardinals baseball at the same time...i get way more done that way!!

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Nice thread bump. Now I am thirsty for a whiskey. Let's go see what I have ......

Found one.

7a5a6uze-1.jpg

Last edited:

scott anderson

Old age Mutant Ninjaneer
City
Paragould
State
ar
We may need to BW to change the title..the scots spell whiskey. changeWhisky without the e . Lol

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
By the way, I am on my third. Liking the whisky/whiskey.

revho

$9.00 vanilla malt
Lifetime Member
City
beaverdam
State
MI
So the bumping of this thread reminded me I have been out of bourbon since new years. I have toured a couple distilleries in Kentucky one of which was wild turkey, so I went with this gift pack. Came with a cool military glass boot with the wild turkey logo on it. If you have a twitter account and feel like helping, if you tweet #TURKEYBOOTS wild turkey will donate $1.00 up to $25,000 to the boot campaign cause. Www.bootcampaign.com

e67a5aa1acfb2060742051079076deb7-1.jpg

revho

$9.00 vanilla malt
Lifetime Member
City
beaverdam
State
MI
Hey eggs! thanks and that single drink did warm me up a bit that night. That was tallest sniffer glass I had ever seen myself so I had to get it, beats getting up for refills.