Official CJ-8.com Forum Lurker Intro Thread!

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
Welcome

Welcome Ogres :wave:

You are correct, you have a great start with that CJ-8. Looks great. Joining us in Sparta, TN this weekend by any chance?

Look forward to meeting you. :thumbsup:

:wave:

OGRES

Legacy Registered User
LIFETIME
City
Suwanee
State
GA
Welcome Ogres :wave:

You are correct, you have a great start with that CJ-8. Looks great. Joining us in Sparta, TN this weekend by any chance?

Look forward to meeting you. :thumbsup:

I would love to have been able to go. I found out about the Sparta gathering last week. Unfortunately I am visiting my mother in law this weekend in Charlotte. :shrug:

skiptown

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Madison
State
WI
Fred from Madison WI, been lurking around here for a few months. Started out with a 1969 Kaiser F head 4 cyl piece of crap LOL but got me into a jeep and the woods... next up 76 CJ7 Renegade w/Levis package 304 auto w/quadra trac sweet ride like to have that one back LOL. 80 CJ7, 85 CJ7 both dropped floor pans. 95 wrangler (I think Im missing one between the 85 and 95) except for the 69 all were hard tops and automatic the 95 was a 5 speed Current ride 2006 2 door unlimited.

Learned a lot in the past couple of months and cant wait to find my perfect 8. and most of all cant wait till next years Scramble!

There is a jeep Jamboree in WI next month anyone coming.

Fred

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
Fred from Madison WI, been lurking around here for a few months. Started out with a 1969 Kaiser F head 4 cyl piece of crap LOL but got me into a jeep and the woods... next up 76 CJ7 Renegade w/Levis package 304 auto w/quadra trac sweet ride like to have that one back LOL. 80 CJ7, 85 CJ7 both dropped floor pans. 95 wrangler (I think Im missing one between the 85 and 95) except for the 69 all were hard tops and automatic the 95 was a 5 speed Current ride 2006 2 door unlimited.

Learned a lot in the past couple of months and cant wait to find my perfect 8. and most of all cant wait till next years Scramble!

There is a jeep Jamboree in WI next month anyone coming.

Fred
Welcome Fred. :wave:

That perfect Scrambler may be just around the corner. Look forward to meeting you next year at the "National". ;)

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Welcome Fred! I can't make the Jamboree in Wi, but we have a Midwest Scramble coming up in August at the Silver Lake Sand Dunes. You can take the ferry across the lake and come on up :thumbsup: would be a pretty killer vacation!!

Just a thought, you can check out the thread in the Midwest region forum.

Murfman

Basic User
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Hey, figured I owe an introduction. I'm possibly the lurkiest of the lurkers. I live in Grand Rapids, MI. I don't own a Scrambler (yet) and pretty much the only thing I know about mechanics or restoration is how to search for one on the web. Do both of those admissions disqualify me? Hope not.

My wife and I have always loved Jeeps and I bought her a '97 TJ a few years ago with 90k miles. I did some basic repair work to it and drove it everywhere. Loved that thing to death but sold it (it was her daily) to a good family when she got pregnant because the ride was too rough for her.

Ever since then, we've always said we were going to get another. I'm not a huge fan of the new generation. Several months ago while perusing a Jeep classifieds site, I saw a Scrambler called 'Red Betty' for sale. The timing wasn't right then and I was unable to buy it, but ever since then that has been my dream.

I'm never going to have the time or the experience to do all the restoration, but my plan is to find one that runs and is in decent shape for now and eventually find a shop to turn it into that dream.

bigwalton

Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Welcome from a fellow Michigander. Nice thing about CJs is that anyone can learn to work on them. I'm a perfect example :D

You'll be surprised what a decent set of hand tools, some PB Blaster and a Haynes and Chilton's manual will allow you to do. :thumbsup: Good luck finding one!

BigwoolyD

Legacy Registered User
City
Athens
State
AL
I've been lurking the past couple of months. I have been looking for a Scrambler for a long time I gave up about 10 years ago and built a Commando. I recently decided to start phasing out of the hard core four wheeling and started looking for a Scrambler again. I was able to purchase Bobcats 81 and got it home yesterday. I enjoyed meeting Don and I hope to maybe participate with some of your club runs in the future.
I'm a Construction Engineer at a large power plant in Athens Alabama and have owned jeeps continuously for 35 years

[/IMG]

My future plans are to do something like this to both jeeps in the future

[/IMG]

bigwalton

Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Welcome BigwoolyD, you got a great rig there, awesome to see that it's staying on the forum and "in the family" :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

BOBCAT

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Louisville
State
Ky
I've been lurking the past couple of months. I have been looking for a Scrambler for a long time I gave up about 10 years ago and built a Commando. I recently decided to start phasing out of the hard core four wheeling and started looking for a Scrambler again. I was able to purchase Bobcats 81 and got it home yesterday. I enjoyed meeting Don and I hope to maybe participate with some of your club runs in the future.
I'm a Construction Engineer at a large power plant in Athens Alabama and have owned jeeps continuously for 35 years

[/IMG]

My future plans are to do something like this to both jeeps in the future

[/IMG]
Don be sure you take care of my baby. Now you need to join the Scrambler Owners Association at www.cj-8.org.
Take care
Don

Zaragor

Basic User
City
Santa Maria
State
CA
Hi, I am new here and I don't own a Scrambler yet but my dad has one that he is going to give to me when I am old enough. I really like it and he has been teaching me about cars for some time now. He will help me restore it when the time comes. It is pretty much all stock, a few parts have broken over the years like the rear axle and the gears in it. He replaced the distributor a while ago anyhow I don't have any pictures of it currently but I can take some if anyone would like to see it. We are also going to be converting it to fuel injection.