Sad day for a long time Jeep owner.

Elvis

Basic User
City
Berthoud
State
Co
What a fair and honest post,it actually helps my intended purpose of these posts.
I think I am holding on to something that may have died long ago.

Elvis

Basic User
City
Berthoud
State
Co
I respectfully disagree-Billions of dollars to be paid out By VW,6 or 7 higher level execs facing charges.
And VW still has to figure out what to do with all of those fraudulent diesels.
VW conspired to commit fraud,it was not just a loophole or a bad decision that was made at 4:45 on a friday.
VW owners must Bank at Wells Fargo and eat at Chipotle,because they are way more forgiving than I am.
Lets hope This Fiat thing is short lived or their emissions fraud is just a big misunderstanding.
I would still like to hear from a diesel Grand Cherokee owner if there are any out there.

jeepdreamer

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Colorado Springs
State
CO
As I'm sitting in the wife's VW, listening to it prrr away, I'm kinda sad. It's such a great vehicle. I was pushed for time to get to the VA today and it rolled up 25 at 90-100 with plenty of pedal left. [emoji33]
I'd think this would make for an awesome motor swap into a CJ or flat fender... my guess is they will crush most of them. [emoji21]
As for the grand Cherk... I'm interested in how the current diesel does. My only experience was with the first GC w/the MB diesel. Flawless vehicle imho.

cdvcj8

It's Not My Scrambler
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
West Friendship
State
MD
I respectfully disagree-Billions of dollars to be paid out By VW,6 or 7 higher level execs facing charges.
And VW still has to figure out what to do with all of those fraudulent diesels.
VW conspired to commit fraud,it was not just a loophole or a bad decision that was made at 4:45 on a friday.
VW owners must Bank at Wells Fargo and eat at Chipotle,because they are way more forgiving than I am.
Lets hope This Fiat thing is short lived or their emissions fraud is just a big misunderstanding.
I would still like to hear from a diesel Grand Cherokee owner if there are any out there.
Probably time for this thread to die, but I guess I don't feel cheated. I bought a car that we love. It gave us great performance and mileage. The EPA (rightly so) is the one that felt like they got screwed. From my point of view it's a little different than stealing your money or giving you food poisoning. Other than Jeepdreamers understandable fear that he can't drive it as he's afraid it will lower his payoff amount, I'll essentially get free use of a car I loved for 3 years. As has been mentioned before EVERY manufacturer has had a scandal of one kind or another. There are 10's of thousands of employees at VW and it's subsidiaries that knew nothing about the defeat device. I understand your frustration, but I don't see putting them all out of jobs either.

City
Halifax
State
UK
Wow what a thread
I believe over here in the UK VW/Audi owners cars are going to be getting their cars recalled and the engine management will be getting some new software for which we can only assume is going to detune the car therefore keeping the emissions at what they should be.
Time will tell if this causes a crash in second hand prices, but VW seem to have just shrugged the scandal off over here to the point where a group of owners have had to take it on themselves to sue the VW group.

It does make you wonder at what point in a engineering meeting did they decide that it was a good idea to fit the cheat device though :crazy:..............

Elvis

Basic User
City
Berthoud
State
Co
As for me,I have wanted a jeep with a factory V8-
The new SRT is out for now till this Fiat scandal resolves itself.
GM made a Colorado/Canyon with a 5.3L V8 up until 2014 or 2015.
Truck the size of a Tacoma with a tried and true motor.
Perhaps a Hummer H3 alpha with the V8.
Those 5 cylinders don't put out enough power for the altitude here.
Disappointed in Jeep,time to move onto other vehicles.

gazzo

AMC Jeep nutjob
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Fremantle
State
WA
"I would still like to hear from a diesel Grand Cherokee owner if there are any out there"
My wife drives a 2012 GC Limited with a VM 3.0 dizzle and I like it. Uses f all fuel, blows no smoke, goes fast (ish) and is quiet(ish). Only 80+ Kms yet so let's see what happens when it gets on a bit.

mysunnshine

Legacy Registered User
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
A customer of mine had one and it really was at the dealer more than it was driven. Enough so that they had to buy it back. I can't remember the exact mileage(I think under 1500mi) or engine running concern but he was not a happy camper to say the least-