• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Some Upgrades Coming

Scott_P

Legacy Registered User
Silver Member
City
Benzonia
State
MI
Tower,
Not sure I ever have mentioned it...but that is a great looking Scrambler! Love the color and the Scrambler decal on the hood...reminiscent of the old renegade emblems

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
Agree, love the "Renegade " nostalgia look and color.How big are you planning? :bacon: :wave:

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
I've been struggling with this choice for the last year. I have a local off-road club that has blown up (from nothing to over 300 active members). The thing I love about it; is that it has gotten so big, that almost every Saturday and Sunday there is a group of 4-10 rigs going to our park 1 hour a way. Means that you don't need to plan ahead to go wheeling; just have 6-8 hours free on a Saturday..... As you might guess; 70% of the club is running JK's and prolly 70% of that group is on 35s (easy to do on a JK). I had 265/75s/16 (measured 31.7"). Technique and hardware; I could hang with the kids all day; tire size definitely was a problem at times. 35's on a CJ pretty much requires spring over from what I've seen (or like 5.5" springs). I came across an oddball size (and a great deal) on a compromise that I hope removes the size limitation without causing too much rubbing / fitment.

they are 295/70/17 and measure 33.5 (actual measurement) MAXXIS RAZR. Pretty much a 34. Amazon was running them for $225 each - free shipping...

Last edited:

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
These have come with their own fitment issues.......but hopefully not as much.....

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
What is your suspension setup? And what do you think you'll have to do to wheel those 34s?

Also, beautiful Jeep! Where did you get the Scrambler hood decals?

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
What is your suspension setup? And what do you think you'll have to do to wheel those 34s?

Also, beautiful Jeep! Where did you get the Scrambler hood decals?

I have 3.5” custom ALCAN springs with 1” body lift. The ALCAN really haven’t settled much..... I have a shackle reversal.....

The methods are increadibly heavy duty. The CJ wheel studs aren’t long enough for them. The new tires hit the leaf at full lock (in front). I’m scared of wheel spacers on 35 year old studs.....so I’m putting in new studs and 1.5 or 2 in spacers.... I may need a slight shackle lift.....I think ALCAN would rearch taller if I need; haven’t priced that yet.....

Decals are pixel hut. Quality was amazing. Pretty cheap too.

Last edited:

wjtstudios

1985 CJ 8
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rochester
State
Mi
Awesome build! It's great to see that you wheel it regularly!

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
I wish I got to wheel it more....

This is "tailgate tree" where all the TJ's and CJ7s loose a taillight!

tailgate tree.JPG

Hoping to constructs something similar to Eric Lloyds corners here this winter....

erics corners.JPG

masscj2a

Rebuilding America's Jeep
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
Awesome looking truck. Love the new rims.