• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Special Package CJ's

racinrudy

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Findlay
State
Oh
:drool:Dang Kyle has some nice stuff! :drool:

I am about to sell my rust free desert # 18 Jamboree in original paint, light bar and winch (no push bar). It will be on my website in a few days and probably on Ebay. The severe bummer is that the seats are gone :(

I had a TRACKER CJ7 about 15 years ago I got in TN. All I recall is it had a 176 and a 6 cylinder and it was a widetrac.

Do you think this 85 CJ8 I had was a Spring edition?

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO

I am about to sell my rust free desert # 18 Jamboree in original paint, light bar and winch (no push bar). It will be on my website in a few days and probably on Ebay. The severe bummer is that the seats are gone :(

I had a TRACKER CJ7 about 15 years ago I got in TN. All I recall is it had a 176 and a 6 cylinder and it was a widetrac.

Interesting stripe package, I wonder if it was from the factory or if it was dealer/aftermarket installed? Did the factory ever make any special package Scramblers other than the standard 3 packages offered?

racinrudy

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Findlay
State
Oh
I wondered especially about my Scrambler in question because Dennis Collins bought it from me. A couple years later I stopped down to sell some parts while I was delivering my then sold CJ10 export truck. He showed me his private collection in his quansa (sp) building at his house and my Scrambler was in it. I figured there must have been something special about him keeping it for hisself. Picking a number, he had about 20 to 25 special to him CJs in there. About 5 wide and 5 deep.

Orionn

Vehicular Packrat
City
Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti
State
Mi
I want a time machine and a huge wad of cash.....

go back, buy then new, prep them for long term storage and mothball the fleet for 30-40 years........

I remember alot of those editions from ads, and a few from seeing them in person (not many).

I always wanted a Levi's edition and a CJ-7 Golden Eagle, I also really liked the Tuxedo Park.

Great stuff guys..Keep'em commin'!! :popcorn: :popcorn:

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO

I found this one for sale in MT, it looks like a similar stripe package as yours did but there are some differences. Not sure if it is any type of "special package" though.

attachment.php

red mistress

Red Jeep Collector
City
Piney woods
State
tx
Renegade 1

Here is a factory photo and introductory letter to dealers explaining colors and 500 to be built.

This is pretty rare photo, very few Renegade 1 left.

My understanding the Renegade 1 had special wiring harness for guages.

I rotated picture in photobucket and it moved steering wheel over???

photo100-1.jpg

photo97-1.jpg

red mistress

Red Jeep Collector
City
Piney woods
State
tx
Camper Jeep poster and intro

Here is camper Jeep poster and introduction kit.

Letter shows options and pricing of camper.

This would really be cool if someone made bigger one for Scrambler !:drool:

photo99-1.jpg

photo98-1.jpg

trust

PITA
City
White Rock
State
NM
one special that I dont recall seeing in this thread was the Roger Mears J10, I'm sketchy but it seems like there was one or something per dealership, J 10 Honcho, stepside, v8 in 1981 or 2 or 3 (likely not in 81 but not sure), in red only as I recall.

May have been mentioned but remember that alot of special tape packages were simply dealer installed and were unique to that specific dealership. Some with names and others just over the counter tape stripes installed by the shop guys, usually the kid who washed them prior to delivery...... I looked at a very nice CJ5 in 1975 or so in northern Ca that had a full cage ( smittybuilt, only kit on the market at the time), 11x15 Armstrong Tru tracs on white spokes, swing out tire and jerry can rack, factory 4.27 gears and trac locs. top was a dealer option as were hubs, passenger seat and heater. They had it all as a package but I dont recall the name or dealership, somehting like 'Mountaineer" or '49er' or something vaguely linked to the area (maybe the wino or something, I think it was in Napa valley...)

Last edited:

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
The Gaucho was not produced by AMC/Jeep but was built by a dealship in CA. Still a cool piece of Jeep history!
attachment.php

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
So I think I finally found a picture of the "Texan" package. I heard of this package but I have never actually seen one. This is a French ad and an export CJ:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
Has the turn signals like the Overlanders but LHD. Must be a South America Jeep

PetesCj-8

CJ-8 Member
City
slatington
State
pa
From what I gather its a model produced in France with a Renault diesel. Searching for pics of one I found this one submitted from Southwest France .

red mistress

Red Jeep Collector
City
Piney woods
State
tx
Special Value

Jersey Jeeps told me about this pkg:

I've only ever seen the Adriatic Blue and not even a brochure on Sunshine Yellow.

KGrHqJrQE88hJLb6MBPTCI1m360_3-1.jpg

KGrHqRqME88f7ZhbpBPTCI3lqbw60_3-1.jpg

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
That is good info! I thought only Limiteds were available with the color keyed wheels. I take it this package was only offered in '84?

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
That is good info! I thought only Limiteds were available with the color keyed wheels. I take it this package was only offered in '84?

Yes thats correct, just 1984. It also the only other time you could get yellow from the factory in the 1980s on a CJ, the one year only "sun yellow" in 1982 is the other. 1980,1981,1983,1985,1986, no yellow. I have some pics and a window sticker of a 1984 SVP in Adriatic Blue I will have to dig up and post.

dmcjeep

Legacy Registered User
City
Grand Haven
State
Mi
Pics of a couple of these old package jeeps being used and abused. I have a few more from my past but need to find them.

Attachments

• 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    216.3 KB · Views: 386

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Pics of a couple of these old package jeeps being used and abused. I have a few more from my past but need to find them.

Awesome. I love the "vintage" Jeep pics from the late '70's and '80's!

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
Great stuff. I'll have to do some digging now.
Our Jeep Club, IOK Four Wheelers, raffled off a Brand new 1973 Super Jeep. I had a ticket that missed the winner by 1 number :banghead:
The Jeep is still local, although he restored it 20 years ago and painted it forrest green.

:wave: