• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Speedhut gauges

Bubuxio

City
Raleigh
State
Nc
Is there anyone using the speedhut speedo that would care to comment on the quality of the product? I am about to order one and want to get some real world reviews.

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Is there anyone using the speedhut speedo that would care to comment on the quality of the product? I am about to order one and want to get some real world reviews.
If I still have mine in a box here I'll take some pictures tonight. They're a little different than OEM, but the quality looks outstanding. Still haven't hooked them up yet...

Bubuxio

City
Raleigh
State
Nc
Im ok with a little different. I am more concerned about fitment, quality and durability. I want to make sure it fits correctly on the dash panel. They are not cheap, so i want to make sure it is a good product for the money.

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
I have not mounted mine, but I assume they fit. There should be quite a few members who've bought them who can speak to the fitment.

MVIMG_20181122_194416.jpgIMG_20181122_194410.jpgMVIMG_20181122_194349.jpg

don87401

Original Owner
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Farmington
State
NM
I have test fitted a set in the dash for my cj6. There is a picture in the thread under non scrambler builds, some called a tj6, on page 2. On my tablet have no idea how to bring over here. You can also find in the link in my sig. at the bottom. Losts of pics to go through to get there. Will say they fit fine.

Bubuxio

City
Raleigh
State
Nc
I couldnt find a single bad review online. I went ahead and ordered it. They are running black friday specials. Ended up being $396.

Thanks to all

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
They are great, quality is great, customer service is great. I had an incident where somehow the speedo got shorted during my engine swap. I sent in and told the what I knew; they fixed under warranty; I only paid shipping.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Ditto. Love all of my Speedhut gauges. You’ll enjoy them.

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
Quick question on the fuel gauge.....sanity check really.

OEM wiring had only 1 wire going back to the sender that landed on top of the sender. Ground tab from sender just went to chassis.

Speedhut gauge has 2 wires (not surprising). I wired back to the sender with the red wire and landed on the post. The black wire i took back; hit the frame; and then to the ground on the sender.... This should be the same, correct? ( I figure I'm just making the gauge ground and the tank ground the same ground.....)

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Anybody have real life pictures of the gauges at night. I am looking into a set, but not sold on what color combo I want. Their simulated color combo just does not look realistic.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Not on my phone but I know I’ve posted them before on here. You should be able to search to find some. Mine aren’t typical CJ colors though, I went with a silver and black setup with a blue backlight that I have been really happy with.

No question, playing with their configurator is easily the most difficult part of the purchase, settling on the final configuration is damn hard with all their options.

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Not on my phone but I know I’ve posted them before on here. You should be able to search to find some. Mine aren’t typical CJ colors though, I went with a silver and black setup with a blue backlight that I have been really happy with.

No question, playing with their configurator is easily the most difficult part of the purchase, settling on the final configuration is damn hard with all their options.

Yes, and figuring out what those simulated colors will reall look like is the problem. It would be nice if they had some stock photos showing the real life colors.

Chamba

Not obsessed: focused.
City
Vero Beach
State
FL
Based on your reports, i just bought the speedhut tachometer. I've got a Ford 351, but it says it's adaptable to the V8 so seems perfect. Has anyone used this tach long term to know how it holds up? Everything I've read about the Omix and Crown makes me a bit nervous about these speedhuts, but from the pictures they do look better built.

Last edited:

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
It works great. I had in on my 258 with hei; now on my fuelie 4.0 using computer output