Rebuilding America's Jeep
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Chester
State
Ma
Just picked up two more. 40 watt and base camp models. I'm surprised the sale has not gone over to Amazon yet. Its only on the Midland site. Thanks again, can't wait to try out the 40 watt model.

HighSierra CJ

Scrambler Enthusiast
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Ducor
State
Ca
Just picked up two more. 40 watt and base camp models. I'm surprised the sale has not gone over to Amazon yet. Its only on the Midland site. Thanks again, can't wait to try out the 40 watt model.
That's awesome! Glad I could help. I took advantage of the same sale last year. I bought two of the 15w radios. One for my son, & one for me. We love them. I imagine that the 40w radios are incredible. Keep us posted.

masscj2a

Rebuilding America's Jeep
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Chester
State
Ma
Yes, I will let you know. I bought the 5 watt one first, used that last year for the entire season and it worked great. I bought the 15 watt, but have yet to remove it from the box. I think the 40 watt will be a home run and will do some checks later this year. I am really interested to see how the Base-camp radio works. We are kinda preppers, so that will fit right in. I will do some testing with that and my mobile 5 watt one right off.

City
El Dorado Hills
State
CA
Any reports back on the 40 watt version? Also, I'm out west and with the mountains I want to potentially use the repeaters. Anyone have any experience using their GMRS with repeaters?

Thanks!